BIKE vs BPT swap

Off-Topic Discussions
TedLeeper

Re: BIKE vs BPT swap

Post by TedLeeper »

it's very hard to get a gtr engine, ive talked to corksport and they can rarely find them. just get the gtx and if u have $ left after install, get the protege tranny or up grade the engine. if i were u ide get the intire instal done at corksport. (if you do go with the bpt) good luck.
Hmm. what to do now..
....maybe a VTEC for lunch.
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

INVEST IT, lol, jk dude, I would go with the bpt unless you go all out with the bike and buy a hayabusa, screw safety, are all u guys pussies or what? You only live once you know ;) but if u do get a bike be dam careful, I have fell off a harley and it wasn't pretty :eek:
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

actually the motor is only 990.00. oh and my swap cost about 3500.00 and that was with a shop doing it. but if you find a tranny and most of the supplies by yourself you can get them cheaper than what i paid. i got corksport to get everything for me cause there wasnt much info on the swap when i did it. but now there is more info. go to the 4cyl faq and search back past 20 days or whatever it is and youll see where i posted what i bought and the prices in usd for everything. but like i said somethings you can get on your own and it be cheaper. and if i was you i would just go ahead and swap the trannies while your doing all the work. well the haltech is quite pricey. going for about 1400 but in my opinion it is worth every penny. for one your car will run right and two you will be able to squeeze more power out of it without upgrading parts on the engine and also when you do upgrade things youll be able to tune it and get even more power out of it. mine should be here soon so ill be able to give you some power numbers with a before and after the haltech. ill just have to go to the dyno pretty soon.....ooooh i might try that this weekend maybe.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

personally i would get the bike, well depending on where you live. Down here in FL weather is nice espically right now for bike riding. For insurance, as long as you wear a helmet you dont need insurance. at one point i wanted a bike then moms found out [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Jeremy...yeah i know the gt is only 990, but the GTR is like 1975 or something like that....does anyone here actually have the GTR in their mx?? ON another note...hhmmmmm 1400 for the haltech...wow thats alot!! Definitely couldnt get that now, but if u show me some good numbers i'd consider it for the future....oh yeah..i would be doing the labor myself since im pretty experienced in engine swaps(well, removal and installation)..Ive just never been around turbo applications...should be interesting to see how i do....oh and thegreat tonge...what do u mean u dont need insurance if u wear a helmet??? I dont know about that....oh and quinn...i am actually considering investing it...I'll just have to think on this before i make my decision..the appeal to the GT swap or a bike is so strong for me though!!! Man oh man the burdens of free will....<p>[ November 20, 2002: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

well the insurance thing......i uh must of forgotten to tell my insurance about my swap. i might tell them once its paid off but i dunno. as for the haltech i believe braden has gone from the stock 8.5 psi and 180hp at the flywheel to the same stock 8.5 psi and right around 200whp with out even using higher boost. spo you figure hed be around 220 or so to the flywheel. not bad for just tuning and not raising the boost. i believe he said that upping the boost to around like 12 i think gives about 230 or so whp and gobs more tq. well like i said i think ill go to the dyno soon and get some number s and then install the haltech when i get it and then see what numbers i get. trust me ill def let you know what happens.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

damn thats a hard problem..... Id say get the bike because a bike could walk an MX anyday.....even a turbo MX. And Bike insurance isnt too bad either my friend is only paying $39 a mo. throughh the Suzuki dealership on his GSX-R . oh and one more thing dont get a katana get a GSX-R or a CBR or as stated before Hayabusa mmmmmmmm.
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3man83:<BR><STRONG>Jeremy...yeah i know the gt is only 990, but the GTR is like 1975 or something like that....does anyone here actually have the GTR in their mx?? ON another note...hhmmmmm 1400 for the haltech...wow thats alot!! Definitely couldnt get that now, but if u show me some good numbers i'd consider it for the future....oh yeah..i would be doing the labor myself since im pretty experienced in engine swaps(well, removal and installation)..Ive just never been around turbo applications...should be interesting to see how i do....oh and thegreat tonge...what do u mean u dont need insurance if u wear a helmet??? I dont know about that....oh and quinn...i am actually considering investing it...I'll just have to think on this before i make my decision..the appeal to the GT swap or a bike is so strong for me though!!! Man oh man the burdens of free will....<P>[ November 20, 2002: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>depending on where you live you dont need insurance for bikes. Like here in FL, as long as you wear a helemt you need NO insurance. Thats why bikes are very popular down here, cause its pretty cheap to keep.
TedLeeper

Post by TedLeeper »

hey mx3man83, did u decide yet? I'm curious on what you get.
Hmm. what to do now..
....maybe a VTEC for lunch.

Return to “Off-Topic”