should i get a mx-3

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
2k2 Elantra Racer

should i get a mx-3

Post by 2k2 Elantra Racer »

hey yall wassup im new on this board and im fixin to buy a mx-3 GS V6 i was wondering how fast are they stock and are they good project cars cuz ive been looking into to them for quite a while now and im juss wondering currently i have a hyundai elantra but im selling dat for a mx-3 gs and all im askin is if they are fast compared to other cars like civics and integras and if they are good cars to buy and modify please help me cuz im really concerned if its a good fast car ok thank you for the help
tk1138

Re: should i get a mx-3

Post by tk1138 »

The GS model that you're looking at is generally considered better, esp. for power & speed. There's a 2.5L engine you can drop in without too much trouble (look in the v6 faq). 0-60 is 8.3s for the stock GS (or so says the brochure).<P>MX-3s are good cars in general, but there's not a lot of custom stuff for it since there aren't too many of them around. Body kits are a bit expensive....<P>Personally, I love my RS (l4). Looks good, gets good fuel economy, easier to work on than my last car, has really good forums,....<P>Good luck
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
gmuffb

Post by gmuffb »

I'm not trying to "dog" hyundai or anything. But...I work at a used car lot and i see alot of cars come and go, and mazda is the one i see come in the least hyundai would be a whole other story. If mazdas do come in, it's expensive, but the problem gets solved and they won't have another one for a while(also the same w/personal experience). I also love my mx cause they're slightly rare, which makes the mods more expensive, but worth it. If you like mx-3's now, you'll like them even more when you own one.
¤Kelli¤

Post by Guest »

you cant do to many drive bys in mx-3s though, homie....
gmuffb

Post by gmuffb »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sureshiit:<BR><STRONG>you cant do to many drive bys in mx-3s though, homie....</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR><B>WORD!....lol</B>
¤Kelli¤
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gmuffb:<BR>[QB]I work at a used car lot and i see alot of cars come and go, and mazda is the one i see come in the least[QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>They are such good cars that no one sells them...and personally, besides for 1 with some odd, but i havent yet to see one rusted out and falling apart. They are either recked, mint, have your standard dings, dents and scratches from arse***s in parking lots (i have a nice 2ft long key mark on my left back pannel that does from about 3 inches back from the door to 1" on the taillight and a dent on the passenger door that pinched and cracked that nice styling curvature, or whatever its its called :mad :)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

Let me see if i can post both sides:<P>1. There are discontinued models<BR>2. Parts are hard to find, esp custom ones.<BR> I had trouble finding a water pump for <BR> my RS<BR>3. Last one made for ( 4 cyld) USA was in 1995 so are getting a bit old.<BR>4. not very fast, even if u drop a bigger engine, and then it will cost u. plus parts for that engine will be hard to find.<P>Good:<BR>1. They just look good.<BR>2. Fun to drive<BR>3. Good fuel economy<BR>4. Not expensive to buy ( should go for less than $4500 USA) There are execptions<P>I have a MX-3 RS 1995 with some mods, like power windows, spoiler, etc. things from a 92 GS, wheels from a 95 miata.<BR>I also have a 93 Geo Storm GSi<BR>both are fun to drive. Would not sell either one.<BR>53 year old man but still enjoy driving my MX-3
aqua93

Post by aqua93 »

great car, i'm in love with mine, cheap to buy, expensive to do stuff to. If you're looking for speed though, maybe try looking elsewhere cuz they're not the fastest of the bunch. they're peppy, and can be fast compared to some, but not the speed it sounds like you're looking for.
~Trisha~
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

if you get 8 or 10 Gs off that elantra, then definitely buy the GS. you can get a sweet one for like 3 or 4 Gs in any color you want, amazing options that come with it, power sunroof, power windows and all other power stuff. 2 Gs to do a swap. 2 Gs to put a sick kit on. and 1500 to put some second or first hand nice rims on, and still people think you car is a 98 or a 2000 car, which is amazing, and hey not every retard on the street drives it!<BR>MX3s rock! definitely buy one, if you are OK driving a second hand car after a 2002 car eh!! :D :D <P>good luck bro eh!<P>latez :D :D
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

umm..."not that fast even if you drop a bigger engine in...." Just what is your idea of fast? Dropping a KLZE can net a 14 second quarter mile or less! Geez, what are we comparing this car to, civics or corvettes?
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

I'd say go for it bro. The V6's are fairly quick and reliable for the most part. If your looking for speed you can always find the klde at a scrapyard for like 500-1000 CND. You're looking to beat civics? 95 and under wont be a problem (cept the SiRs... Sis in the U.S.) you may be able to run the the 96+ models, but dont quote me on that. They also look really good, especially when you slap a nice kit on (which can be expensive if you dont look around for a while) and lower it. Another plus would be not a whole lot of people have them, which is always good. Go get one, NOW. lol lates
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

welll!<BR>i have a question here! do we want to enjoy our car or we want others to enjoy watching it! in any case we will have two arguements goin on eh! KL-ZE will be fast enough, 200 HP (as they say) is enough, and you can stop eating for a year and you gotch yourself a turbocharger, and you will beat da $#it outa anytin in our car's class! ROFLMAO, JK :D :D :D <BR>bro you will enjoy having an MX3, other choices are VWs, like GTIs or RADOs (especially supercharged G60s) or you could buy celicas (honestly i got no clue about em!) no offence but i like the look of DELSOLs too, these are all other choices, see what sounds better, and feel kewler under your feet eh!<P>its all your choice bro,,,<P>good luck <BR>latez :D :D :D
Xero

Post by Xero »

If you've done anything to your elantra, expect a pretty good size loss in performance when jumping to a stock MX-3, even a GS. I'm not gonna tell any street racing stories, but I know this firsthand.<P>Handling, on the other hand is oh so sweet, and I'm averaging 28mpg. Twice now, people have been shocked when I tell them my car is 10 years old. They say "Woah, I thought it was a 99 or something." <BR>I love that.
-Only Two things are infinite, the universe, and human stupidity; and I am unsure of the former. -Albert Einstein
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

and what if we are comparing it to a corvette? haha<BR> :p :p<p>[ November 26, 2002: Message edited by: quinn_seipp ]
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”