The Fast and The Furious 2 spy photos

Off-Topic Discussions
Hy300

Re: The Fast and The Furious 2 spy photos

Post by Hy300 »

This movie is just going to lack character. The whole thing about the spoliers too, in the thread one guy mentions an APC sticker on the Skyline. The whole reason is MARKETING. NOS made truckloads of money because their name was in nearly every scene, none of their competitors. The same applied to bodykit companies. The big names (VIS, Veilside, Bomex) made a fortune off the movie, everyone wanted a bodykit to look like they were in F&F, nevermind that they can't afford paint or to have the lines match. <P>The same principle applies here, every aftermarket shop is throwing their wings, gauges, trim, kits, etc. at this movie for next to nothing. The only thing they want is their name to be on the cars so that they'll make a buck. This is hardly desirving of the Fast and Furious namesake. I at least give the first one respect for breaking new ground and the stunt and camera work that went into it. This new movie is more like a blown up version of FOX's latest piece of crap Fastlane.<P>Damn I hate FOX, I hate APC, and I'm not seeing F&F2 unless someone says they seen and MX-3 or MX-6 or Probe anywhere in it. I don't care if the car is parked at a Wendy's in the background. Thats the only reason for me to watch this movie.
fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Damn I hate FOX, I hate APC, and I'm not seeing F&F2 unless someone says they seen and MX-3 or MX-6 or Probe anywhere in it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I talked to jademx3turbo and he said his was going to be in the movie. <P>Anyways I have to throw something in there as well. The thing I hated was that they said this has never been done before and it has a hong kong film called Legend of Speed. That pissed me off the most kind of like america always want to be credited for doing it first. Like how alot of credit is getting to the new movie the ring but that is a hong kong horror movie remake with american people.<P>I also hate apc repeately. I can't stand seeing cars with apc sticker on there car. I see alot of them with tons of them on there. I have to say I have never seen a mazda one with it on. I don't get it they don't really make alot of performace parts and if so they are just taking credit for being a company that buys there products from Taiwan. I mean they make neons, strobes, and altezzas.<P>The thing I hate about f&f the most is how people with anything that is honda or acura they instinctley think there car can run 12's or something. They pull up and try to race you even if its all stock.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

just my .02 cents....its all about the advertising. the only reason apc is being advertised is because they somehow contributed to the movie. im sure craig liberman doesnt want to rice out like that...but if they helped provide funds i dont blame him. just remember it's all in the advertising.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
TedLeeper

Post by TedLeeper »

yeah i also think this movie is going to suck worst then the 1st one. the only thing that held the first one together is the director. if it wern't for him the race scenes would've sucked so would any other part of the action scenes. as for the new plot i read in i think an importuner mag that the vin desil replacment is tyreese. ive seen the original a few dozen times beacuse i have the dvd and ALLOT of free time and i didn't see any un respectable rice untill it hit theaters. but yes i can say this one will be MUCH worse then the first. but i will be looking for an mx3 in the movie and civics to race when the movies over.
Hmm. what to do now..
....maybe a VTEC for lunch.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

yea i heard about that tyresse thing too.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

let me add this to my last thing<P>1. I hate FOX. Until they fill their entire line up with Matt Groening cartoons and Family Guy they will forever suck.<BR>2. I hate APC (specifically stickers). Why oh Why do people need to slap these ugly and demeaning stickers on their cars. Just seeing a car with one of these makes me look at the baseball bat on my back seat and grin. No one cares if you buy something from APC, it isn't performance to put an aluminum double wing on a FWD car.<BR>3. Tyreese... oh my god Tyreese. If there is one man who I'd love to take an aluminum bat to its this "man". How does he make a career off his name. I've never seen him do jack and yet he's on MTV and late night shows talking about his "career". I won't give him respect until I can read over his portfolio, but not until I videotape myself beating and burning a manequin of his likeness.<P>I just sobered up after that rant and I know it will offend someone. Go ahead, I'm all talk, I've really only used my aluminum bat twice (I broke the last wooden one). And I don't have a videocamera to record the tyreese manequin thing, so if someone can loan me one it would be much appreciated.
fictionaldaydream

Weird I also carry a bat in my car. For the apc sticker I was thinking about getting one and putting it upside down then getting another decal saying another pu**y company.
Anto

Post by Anto »

Just like it was said before:<BR>In a word, "marketing". Companies know that people are going to flock to this movie. Seeing that damn NOS sign, in the bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, store, on cars, etc. is subliminal advertising.<P>BTW, Vin Diesel wanted $20 mil to do this movie, Universal didn't want to pay him that, so no Vinnie. The latest Import Tuner has a whole section about the movie...
xxxxxroninxxxxx

Post by xxxxxroninxxxxx »

someone said it before but just to give u guys a little update, two of my friends are in ff2, john walsh(jademx3turbo) and mike lopez (who has a very sick probe)and as much as i wouldnt waste 9 bucks in the theater to see this movie, i know that myself and all the guys in our club will be there opening day just to see our friends cars, and that makes it worth it for me.
<A HREF="http://www.RONINMOTORSPORTS.com" TARGET=_blank>www.RONINMOTORSPORTS.com</A>
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

Every magazine is devoting their pages to F&F2. They're doing it because the cars are hot and faster than practically any street legal thing out there. The problem is Universal won't let these cars do half the speeds they are capable of. Everything is faked, all the gauges and readings. No picture company will pay for the insurance just to have a rapper go 160mph for two minutes worth of good footage.<P>The cars and products are being wasted in this movie. Only the extras who brought their cars deserve the credit for putting in time to make a great car.
fictionaldaydream

I probably will buy the bootleg. So I don't have to worry about the crowd. Also don't you think if the security is lacking there would be some thieves out and parts will come up missing.

Post by Guest »

Pretty tight pics, but a majority of the people on that board are pretty immature and lame. You can definately tell who the rice kid is when he was like "Oh yeah!!! The movie is gonna be the bomb!!! Blah blah blah" Pretty funny stuff.

Return to “Off-Topic”