Seat Belt light

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MX-TC

Seat Belt light

Post by MX-TC »

Ok, this isn't a big deal but it sure does bug the hell outta me. My seat belt light has a tendancy to come on and beep at me constantly where I have to constantly readjust my seating position. Is there a way I can fix this sensor or turn it off?
Maddbuck

Re: Seat Belt light

Post by Maddbuck »

I have the cure,<BR>Send me an email Maddbuck@hotmail.com and I'll email the procedure to you. a little effort and it will go away without disconnecting anything.<BR> ;)
MX-TC

Post by MX-TC »

Thanks Jeff,<BR>I took my car to the Mazda dealership on lunch today and they are ordering a part. He said they are going to have to take some panels off and do not cover it if something breaks due to the age. I thought it had something to do with the sensor box.
MX-TC

Post by MX-TC »

And I called the guy back at Mazda. This does NOT include the sensor. There is no recall on the sensor according to their computers, so they are going to have to charge me for it. I may need to just do a quick fix. So Maddbuck please post that fix. Thanx.
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

believe it or not,<BR>I actually posted it before - I was too lazy to type it again and didn't wanna say 'search'.<P>I took this from my website that I have not uploaded yet.<P>Description: <BR>Seatbelt beeps while you drive or move and seems to do this randomly.<P>Things you Need:<P>Paper Towels or Tissues.<BR>Phillips Screw Driver<BR>Flat head screw driver of rather small flat size (you'll see when you get in there)<P>Steps:<P>1. Remove four screws holding the ebrake and armrest panels on. There are two on the side by the join with the shift console and two on the sides towards the back of the armrest. You need to move the seats about to get at them. <BR>2. Pull off the whole lot and put it aside.<BR>3. You will see two rolls that each hold the remaining seatbelt inside them. There is a cap on the back of each one. Inside this cap is an electronic board which tells where the seatbelt is. This board is the problem. <BR>4. Be very careful with this part. Remove the plastic caps, they are held on by three tabs. use the small flat head screwdriver to pry them off. Go slowly and do not break these. I can imagine it will be a pain to get replacements. Do one at a time.<BR>5. Pull the green board out carfully and don't move the plastic spring piece behind it yet.<BR>6. Look at the board and you will notice grease or dirt on it. See the tracks on the board. Clean it off with the paper towels. It gets a bit messy but it needs it.<BR>7. See the plastic spring piece still in the seatbelt role, pull it out and rotate it 5 degrees either way. This moves the beep to a different spot so that it is hopefully not in the range of motion you use when you drive. Just make sure it is still in the area of the track else it will beep all the time.<BR>8. Put the cleaned board back in.<BR>9. Pop the cap back on without breaking it.<BR>10. Do the other side while you are in there.<BR>11. Put the ebrake armrest piece back and tighten screws.<BR>12. Test to see if the beep is still there, if it is, rotate that spring piece the other way or more.<P>This fixed my seatbelt problem so hopefully it may help others.<P>Jeff, if you think it is worth posting in the appearance FAQ section - I'll do so.<BR> ;)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”