Sunroof probs

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Sonicxtacy02

Sunroof probs

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

For some reason my sunroof wont open anymore. The close side of the button works, but the open button makes no noise at all. I was under the impression that it only used one motor but i guess i'm wrong. Anyone know what the prob could be?
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
valkyire

Re: Sunroof probs

Post by valkyire »

a while back i had the same problem, and i just pulled the fuses to see if any were blown, and when i restarted the car, it worked again, havent had any probs since...it was kinda wierd, but i guess you could try it..<P>i always thought their was only one motor also.. maybe the wire became loose behind the switch? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] i dont really knnow but i hope it helps<p>[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: valkyire ]
Taras

Post by Taras »

Sound like your wiring if there is no noise
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

I'm not trying to take over your post or anything, but I have a similar problem. When I bought my car, the sunroof didn't work. I haven't messed w/ it ever, just checked the fuses. The switch doesn't seem like it has any resistance to it, so it could be a broken switch... Is there a common problem w/ the switches going out? If its not the switch, what else could it be that would be easy to diagnose? I don't really wanna rip apart my entire care b/c its a feature I don't really care about. But any help would be appreciated.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

im gonna crack open the overhead console to see if its just a wire that fell loose or what. I serious doubt that its the motor as the switch has no resistance on the one side and resistance on the other. I'll let you know of the results
Shaun Newman
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Just an update....<P>i opened the overhead console and the wires are soldered to the unit. I'm next gonna check the relays for power with a tester. Anyone ever removed/installed a sunroof on our cars? I bet its a pain to get back to a relay!
Shaun Newman
manitobamx3

Post by manitobamx3 »

mine didn't work in spring so it was ripped apart and looked and and it turned out that the cogs were not even and it was putting stress on one side. Don't think this is the same problem though i just popped fuses everytime i put a new one in before it was fixed.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”