Aftermarket Seat installation

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
mazdamxstyle

Aftermarket Seat installation

Post by mazdamxstyle »

I know this has been covered before but I couldnt find a straight answer for my question. My question is, do I keep the mx-3 brackets from the stock seats and screw/bolt those onto the momo or sparco seats I get? Or do I need to get a specific bracket( by bracket I mean the track ) from the seat company that goes into the mx-3? Im thinking I can just keep my mx-3 bracket and bolt/screw it into a sparco or momo but Im not sure exactly how that works. Has anyone tried it or what? The only reason Im worried is because the bolts that hold in our stock brackets are angled where the bolts go in and I think it would be hard to find another bracket. I just want to make sure that the stock bracket can screw/bolt into the aftermarket seat. Thanks for your help guys!
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mxmisl
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Aftermarket Seat installation

Post by cjthor »

They do not bolt up..At least sparco does not. I have a Torino in my car and had to get the universal bracket kit to make it fit. Raised the seat up bout three quarters of an inch.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

So I have to buy a universal bracket to hook up to the aftermarket seats? If thats the case how hard was it to get the universal brackets into the mx3? And also where did you get the universal brackets? THanks for your help I just want to be clear because I believe im about to get seats.
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mazdamxstyle:<BR><STRONG>So I have to buy a universal bracket to hook up to the aftermarket seats? If thats the case how hard was it to get the universal brackets into the mx3? And also where did you get the universal brackets? THanks for your help I just want to be clear because I believe im about to get seats.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Sparco sells a set of brackets. If you want I can send you a pic of the brackets and how I had to cut them.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

that would be awesome man I would really appreciate that, and also one last question, if I get momo seats do I need momo brackets or any universal brackets? <P>My email is mxmisl2@hotmail.com<P>Thanks for you help mucho appreciated!
Robert Freyman

Post by Robert Freyman »

goto mmrusa.com the sell brackets to fit. depending on what brand of seat you want.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”