It was only a matter of time... :(

Other - General Mazda Discussions
sapper

It was only a matter of time... :(

Post by sapper »

7 years I've been driving, and not so much as a parking ticket. Then today, this dumb *** cop on a bike wrote me up. I've always worn a seat belt, but for some reason it just wasnt on this time. And how the hel did he see me? HE wis about 14 cars ahead of me!?!?!! WTF? He just moved into the middle of the two lanes (Litteraly driving on the lines) and droped back till he was right beside me and slowed to match my speed! I think he saw my car anddecided to see who the "Young wreckless driver" was behind the wheel. (And if I had time to throw ont he belt believe me I would have, thats how fast it took place).<p>The doughnut eating cop wrote me up an $86 fine for failing to put on a belt. People are getting shot in night clubs down town and here they are writing ticked for stupid **** like this.<p>What a **** bitter I think he was just bitter he was pulled off general duties and put into traffic. Have you ever looked at a traffic cop? Their all over weight. Its almost like a punishment. You get fat, you go to traffic. And come to think of it, it wasnt even a west vancouver cop that pulled me over! Thats a first!<p>[ September 04, 2003: Message edited by: sapper ]</p>
I saw a street sign yesterday that said Caution! Children playing! so I slowed down. Then I thought Wait! I'm not afraid of children!
Show_MX

Re: It was only a matter of time... :(

Post by Show_MX »

I got a seat belt ticket while I passed a cap at 55mph and he was parked on the side of the road. it was only $15 though
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kevin Gettens:
I got a seat belt ticket, it was only $15 though<hr></blockquote><p>thats cause your from atlanta, the southern states were some of the last to have seat belt laws,
I still think that there is 1 or 2 that dont have them. up here they are pritty strict about them <p>If you get into an accident then your heath insurance pays for it, if you dont have any then they let you die, if we got into an accident then the governmen has to pay for it (free health care)
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

here they raised it from $86 to $100+... just to buy those scratch n sniff panties in diamond/gold for bush :D
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MadHatter

Post by MadHatter »

I don't know what the rate is for my hometown but i'm not gonna find out any time soon. Besides, my small town literally only has 3 cops. Now state cops on the other hand, I can't stand them. One time I had to pay around $130 for a speeding ticket, i was going 48mph in a 30mph area (it was an area that dropped from 50-30mph within a 1/4 mile, so it's basically a speed trap) still pisses me off though, oh well.
I am the MadHatter.
phr34k

Post by phr34k »

in arkansas its a secondary law except on holidays. They have to pull you over for something like speeding, light out, etc to give you a seatbelt ticket.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Ohh yeah... I live in newfoundland and I got harrassed by a stupid old woman cop for driving without a seatbelt and you wana know what the funny part is... I have the us edition so there is power seatbelts in it.. it is impossible for me not to be wearing it.. She was like "You just put on your seatbelt didnt you" I was like "No I didnt" she didnt believe me... I showed that idot how it works and everything.. but by the end I just said "Listen.. are you retarded or something.. this is how the god damn thing works it is right here! Now stop harassing me so I can go back to work." Well I didnt get a seatbelt ticket after but I did get a speeding ticket which was also a load of crap but we will leave that story for another time.. I was going to go to court over it but I missed the date so whatever I could give a rats a$$.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

well here is my opinion u got caught for the seat belt...but they do save live...& maybe the cop was being a azz but u really cant do much about it....it sucks being 86 bucks...let me tell yah i got a 65 dollar ticket for parking the wrong way on a 2 way street.......
as for the new foundland memeber..(sorry forgot ur user name).......if you dont have the lap belt buckled its not properly buckled.....thats why auto seatbelts were taken outta cars...b/c people were not buckling the lap belt
:werd:
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com

Return to “General Mazda”