Dash lights - green -->Blue

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
pizzamr2

Dash lights - green -->Blue

Post by pizzamr2 »

The light behind the dash lights (where the speedometer,rpm,gas, etc, etc) are...is there a way to change it from green to Blue..???<P>I tried taking out bulbs behind it and switching them, but they still are green<P>Is that b/c there is a green liner there?<P>any help would be great!<P><BR>pizzamr2@hotmail.com
marshmallow15

Re: Dash lights - green -->Blue

Post by marshmallow15 »

what you can do is use a hobby paint ( transparent ) to spray it blue. i did it to my stock face. too bad it isnt working.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
pizzamr2

Post by pizzamr2 »

Spray what?<BR>The green part???
Ogimoj

Post by Ogimoj »

Take out the green sleeves and paint the bulbs blue - Might want to paint them a little darker than you think they should be
HRO

Post by HRO »

That won't work, the plastic that the numbers are printed on appears to be white, but is green coated, so no matter what you do to the bulbs, they will still have a tint of green, or not be a very bright blue.
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp
DVH

Post by DVH »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3vs:<BR><STRONG>That won't work, the plastic that the numbers are printed on appears to be white, but is green coated, so no matter what you do to the bulbs, they will still have a tint of green, or not be a very bright blue.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>that is correct, if u get blue bulbs, the numbers will still light up a blueish greeen colour. After a while, they just go back to being green.<BR>Don't waiste ur time, get indiglos!<P> :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DVH:<BR><STRONG><BR>that is correct, if u get blue bulbs, the numbers will still light up a blueish greeen colour. After a while, they just go back to being green.<BR>Don't waiste ur time, get indiglos!<P> :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Agreed, Speedhut reverse indiglo gauges look just like stock gauges with the different colors. If you were yo get it black with blue, it would be just the way you want it.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

yep. before i got my speedhut, what i did was grinded and sanded out the green part and then spraypainted it blue. but its true if you change the bulb to a different color itll still light up green unless you take that green stuff out.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
valkyire

Post by valkyire »

my mx's guages are amber, did yours come green?
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

well people!!<BR>i believe spending some money and gettin an indiglow gauge or whateva is more efficient than taking out the gauge and tryin to paint it. this dude who i bought my blue car has done it, first of all the numbers are notvisible in day time since the gauge trim is black and colors kinda match, second of all, the lights wont be so powerful to light up them @ night.<P>anywhoz, just buy some gauge off of ebay and make yourself less trouble! :D :D <P>anywhoz, thas my experience!<P>latez
pizzamr2

Post by pizzamr2 »

ok<BR>screw it<BR>the indiglo gauges from speedhut are in!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”