what kind of tires?

Other - General Mazda Discussions
scottlis@home.com

what kind of tires?

Post by scottlis@home.com »

Hey guys I'm just wondering what brand of tires you guys would recommend. I'm planning on getting 18" chrome rims. The tires will only be used for daily driving but I want something with some performance, nothing too fancy though. If you could include prices it would help too (Canadian dollars) Thanks a lot!<p>[ August 06, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
quinn_seipp

Re: what kind of tires?

Post by quinn_seipp »

depends how cheap your looking, but yokohama parada's are a decent tire [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

Nitto 450s are bad a-- tires. The Paradas are ok but that tread design is the single ugliest thing ive seen on tires imo.<P>edit: for value check out Kuhmo tires theyre supposed to be pretty good and cheap too<p>[ July 30, 2002: Message edited by: I_love_my_MX-3 ]
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

why is this in the images forum?<P>Moved to general. (could be appearance or performace so moved to general.)
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

Goodridge Auro Street Tires Cost Cash, but they are the widest tires I have been able to find that work good with 16's or 17's.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

I vouch for the kumho's. They are great tires and the tread design is sweet! Just dont expect too much from them in the rain
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R

Post by Guest »

get Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D2's, sweet a-- lookin tires, and wicked performance. Image
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

i have the Kumho ECSTA 711 tires and i have had no problem with them yet and they also have one of the best tread wear ratings on a lo pro tire.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mzdspd:<BR><STRONG>i have the Kumho ECSTA 711 tires and i have had no problem with them yet and they also have one of the best tread wear ratings on a lo pro tire.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>yea but they're uglier than the 712's <BR> ;) :p
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
304N

Post by 304N »

theTHE PARADAS ARE COOL AND LOOK GOOD BUT IN THE RAIN THEY AREN'T WORTH A DAMN!!!!I HAVE SOME 18'S ON A 97 ALTIMA....I NOW HAVE 19'S ON MY ALTIMA WITH PARADAS....ON MY MX3 I HAVE 18'S WITH PARADAS AS WELL....THEY ARE PRETTY REASONABLE IN PRICE...I NOW HAVE AN SUV I DRIVE IN RAINY WEATHER.
http://members.cardomain.com/str8304 <p>"JUST TRYIN' TO BLEED THE BLOCK"
304N

Post by 304N »

OH YEAH ONE LAST THING, PLEASE DO NOT GET BFG'S FOR 16-18'S!!!!!I HAVE HAD EM ALL...THEY AREN'T WOTH A DAMN IN DRY NOR WET WEATHER...BUT THATS JUST ME....I DRIVE A LOT AND VERY FAST ALL THE TIME....
http://members.cardomain.com/str8304 <p>"JUST TRYIN' TO BLEED THE BLOCK"
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

When I bought my 17' rims, I put Nitto 450's. They were great in handling and awesome in the rain. But after hitting a couple of pot holes, the tire wall started getting bubbles. I replace them with Falkins from Sears. <BR>I had them for over a year now and had hit numeriuos hard pot holes. They are still good as new but they don't handle as well as the Nitto's.<P>later,<BR>Dee. :eek: :eek: :eek:
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I have Yokahama Avid H4's Very nice tires, great handling too..
MX-TC

Post by MX-TC »

I have the Nitto 450's. They perform really well and are great in the rain. No problem with bubbles for me, and I hit alot of pot holes. :)
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

if you looking for performance i think maybe chrome might be the wrong choice but falken azenis st 115 are awesome tires... for dry anyway... :D :D :D

Return to “General Mazda”