Engine swap need a different question answered.

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
fictionaldaydream

Engine swap need a different question answered.

Post by fictionaldaydream »

Hey I was thinking about selling my car and getting a v6, but I talked to jspec and he had the swap from 1.8l to 2.5l. I really don't know that much about engines but I was wondering when I get the gs which one is it that I need. It will be manual defienetly. I saw this own street imports.<P>/w 5spd Tranny +$450 <BR>/w 5spd LSD + $900<P>Which one is it that I would need.
TedLeeper

Re: Engine swap need a different question answered.

Post by TedLeeper »

if i were you ide get the bpt from the GTR. it's rated at 210, thats more then the klze with less work. unless you wanted to set up a custom turbo on the klze, that would be fast as hell but ALOT of work and money. seriously though, check into the bpt swap. (use 4cyl faq)
Hmm. what to do now..
....maybe a VTEC for lunch.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

i agree the bpt is one hell of an engine but the klze holds much potential in having more hp over all, but its not gonna be cheap
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

What theres a swap out there for a four cylinder.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ted:<BR><STRONG>if i were you ide get the bpt from the GTR. it's rated at 210, thats more then the klze with less work. unless you wanted to set up a custom turbo on the klze, that would be fast as hell but ALOT of work and money. seriously though, check into the bpt swap. (use 4cyl faq)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The problem with that is the GTR BPT is next to impossible to find. If you get the GTX BPT and upgrade the turbo, yur at about the same price with the same power. BUT like someone said, the KLZE has 10bhp less than the GTR on a N/A engine. Which means a small junkyard turbo setup (can get away with it for under $2000, under $1000 if you really look) set at about 7-8psi will make the car scream. Or simple upgrades (Intake & Exhaust, headers, or cams) will put the KLZE right to the same specs as the GTR BPT. If you are really into the BPT, talk to cre8v mx3. He claims ~200WHP on his GTX BPT. Although, many people swear by the KLZE. it's up to you tho.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

I would rather have a turbo than a klze(which i now must turbo/super) but all and all the v6 parts are really expensive and all you have to do is get a better turbo and tune it for good power, ze's have loads of torque though which is kinda fun
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Manach

Post by Manach »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fictionaldaydream:<BR><STRONG> I really don't know that much about engines but I was wondering when I get the gs which one is it that I need. </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hiya,<P>Seriously, try to talk directly to the seller, and I encourage you that, if you don't know anything about engine (I suppose you won't do the swap yourself) try to find a shop first willing to do the swap. And ask for a "grocery" list. Ask the "swapper" what piece they will need than the engine itself.<P>But then again, that wasn't your question..<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fictionaldaydream:<BR><STRONG><BR>/w 5spd Tranny +$450 <BR>/w 5spd LSD + $900<P>Which one is it that I would need.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>LSD = Limited Slip Differential. :D <P>Honestly, I don't know a thing about that. But, it would be great to know. I heard those were use mainly in race, maybe in daily driving. But from what I know, it as something to do about the rotation of your wheel either in a curve, or in acceleration.<P>What you'll need for sure, it is the base tranny, the 450$ one, but I don't know if you could fit the LSD one.. That would be more researches.. ;)
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
maldo

Post by maldo »

All this talk of selling your RS to get a GS, then spend money to get the KLZE on top of the difference in purchase price of the RS to GS. Why not get the B6T or BPT? Both will easily give you more power than a stock KLZE, or a turbo/super ZE. A well tuned B6 or BP motor can easily support 220-240whp as a daily application. If you have the DOHC already, all you need is a manifold, turbo and the accessories to easily make 250whp. If you have the SOHC, swapping to the B6T and purchasing the upgrades would still cost you less than a new car and ZE. If you think about it, there are more B6 and BP motors in the 300+whp club and more BP motors in the 400-600whp club than there are ZE motors in those respective clubs. Ric is dynoing his car this weekend and expects 500+whp out of his BP, next week he shoots for 600whp.<P>Always go LSD over open dif.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”