this may sound like a dumb question

Other - General Mazda Discussions
IM12NV

this may sound like a dumb question

Post by IM12NV »

this may sound dumb to some of you, but i dont know what submodel car i got. i know its a 1995 mazda mx-3, but are all mx's precidias, what tells me i got an rs or grs gt, whatever the two letter sub-code-model is? i got it about a year and a half ago at a used car dealership. the owners manual just says "1995 mazda mx-3", i got it at the mazda dealership. <P>------------------<BR>- Domenick -<BR>1995 Mazda MX-3
- Domenick -
Tropical Emerald Metallic 1995 Mazda MX-3 RS
Zoom24

Re: this may sound like a dumb question

Post by Zoom24 »

The RS has a four cyl engine and the GS has a six cyl engine. Most of the GS models have a spoiler on the back. The RS models have a garnish. I am sure there are other differences between the two that I am not aware of. I have an RS.

Post by Guest »

Also, the Gs was dropped in 95. So you most likely have the Rs. Depending on Precidia is if your in Canada.
IM12NV

Post by IM12NV »

I am in america. it's a 1995. doesnt have a spoiler or anything on the hatch. just a black arc with the brake light in it. <BR>so i assume its an RS?<P>------------------<BR>- Domenick -<BR>1995 Mazda MX-3
- Domenick -
rikymaru

Post by rikymaru »

Alright..ill save you seom confusion.<P>92-94 there was a V6 and I4. The V6 is called te GS while the I4 is called the RS. In 95 Mazda got rid of the V6 engine. BUT the I4 Mx3's in 95 are no called MX3 RS; they are called GS.<P>I know because I have one and in EVERY auto parts store if you ask for 95 mazda MX3 RS parts they will say only the 95 GS is listed. <P>Your car is basically an I4 95 GS.<P>Got all that ^_^
Elena, don't misunderstand. A pro isn't someone who sacrifices themselves for their job. That is just a fool.
IM12NV

Post by IM12NV »

HEY THANKS. YEAH I GOT ALL THAT. BUT THE I4 IS THE SAME AS THE 4 CYLINDER, RIGHT?<P>------------------<BR>- Domenick -<BR>1995 Mazda MX-3 RS
- Domenick -
Thestef

Post by Thestef »

Yes, its the same <P>
kalynn12

Post by kalynn12 »

Okay so I have a 4 cyl auto. it is a 93 and it has no special spoiler. But is there just a mazda mx-3 precidia without a gs or rs?<BR>So is mine a rs or not? Thanks for the help<BR>Jessica
YES this IS my car, NO you can't drive it.<P>Jessica McDowell<BR>1993 MX-3 RS<BR>ICQ:111958082
rikymaru

Post by rikymaru »

Yours is a 1993 Mazda MX3 RS 1.6 SOHC.
Elena, don't misunderstand. A pro isn't someone who sacrifices themselves for their job. That is just a fool.
precidian

Post by precidian »

If the car has the Precidia sticker on it... then it is probably from Canada... the other way to tell if it is a canadian model is that on the Speedo the outer set of numbers are in kilometers.<P>From my understanding that the RS model did not have any stickers with 'RS' or 'GS' on it.<P>Also if the 4cyl version has the GS sticker, then it was probably put on after. The GS denotes the V6 version only.
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rikymaru:<BR><STRONG>Alright..ill save you seom confusion.<P>92-94 there was a V6 and I4. The V6 is called te GS while the I4 is called the RS. In 95 Mazda got rid of the V6 engine. BUT the I4 Mx3's in 95 are no called MX3 RS; they are called GS.<P>I know because I have one and in EVERY auto parts store if you ask for 95 mazda MX3 RS parts they will say only the 95 GS is listed. <P>Your car is basically an I4 95 GS.<P>Got all that ^_^</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That is not true.<P>In America, you won't see any RS listings, cause the 4cyl's had no model designation. They were just known as MX-3. The V6 was known as MX-3 GS. The RS nomenclature comes from those crazy Canadian MXers ;)
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Return to “General Mazda”