Why did u choose a mx3?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions

Re: Why did u choose a mx3?

Post by Guest »

Got it for free, and I love the fact that its different, not many of them around, and it looks nice.
LiL-LaW

Post by LiL-LaW »

To tell you the truth I didn't even know I bought it till after I got it home really LOL. I just wrote off my 4-door sunfire (pheer =p) and was out looking for cars, and my mom was like what about that lil white one over there, and I was like heh that looks pretty sweet, took it out for a test drive and then I came back and bought it hehe, didn't even think to look to see what it was :D
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

In 1995 I think Ford bought Mazda. So I heard of a great deal. A Chevy dealership was selling Mazda's at a steal of a price (used and new). If they did not sell them all by a certain time, then they had to ship them back to Japan and pay a $5000 restocking charge plus shipping. <BR>After doing the math, my lap couldn't be anymore accepting of a 1 year old demo, that had 2000 kms on it. :) The only problem is that the Chevy dealer left their emblem on the back hatch. It's disgusting, but in a few weeks . . . shaved! :eek: <P>one
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Ford only owns 33.4% of mazda, not enough to control the company.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

My old roomate had a 1994 RS, and I just fell in love with the car. It wasnt fancy, but it wasnt a civic. Soon after, I was having problems with my POS cavalier, and happen to see one on a rack in my town @ a dealership. I looked at it and it was 1995 RS with 28K miles. I purchased it, later in 2001 I purchased my 2nd MX-3 a 1992 GS that had been wrecked for 700 bucks, its now my drag/project car.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sureshiit:<BR><STRONG>cause i couldnt get a matrix, then i couldnt get a mx-6, thennnnn i finally got my eyes on a mx-3 and was like thats my car!!! so i got it!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I hate to say it, even though the matrix looks ok, its REALLY SLOW. My 1995 RS auto runs faster 1/4 times. Ive seen a few test them at the track, they run 18+'s
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

wow i had no idea they were that slow i figured they would run faster they have like 180 hp or atleast thats what the brochure says
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
gmuffb

Post by gmuffb »

Color & non-popularity. I wanted something good on gas, cause the explorer was way too thirsty! It was either a black probe GT or the pretty blue mazda. In the 13 years this lot's been around this had only been the 2nd mx-3 i'd seen on it...even though i've driven an explorer i still like not so popular cars. The color on the mx sucked me in, the v6 didn't hurt much either, i thought the car was kinda funny looking when i bought it, but now i'm in love (i even talk to her).
¤Kelli¤
Disaster_Girl

Post by Disaster_Girl »

Circa 1994 - I purchased a '94 Chaste White GS with every option. I lowered it, put 16's on it and installed a killer stereo... Then the winter of '98 hit and I did 3 360's on the highway so I traded it in for a '98 Subaru Outback Limited. A friend bought my car from the Subaru dealership and I cringed everytime I saw the car. Not out of hate but out of envy... That car was my second car I bought myself and I loved it! Everytime I saw my friend I would inspect the car and naturally, she didn't take care of it.<P>Enter the 1996 Chaste White GS. I couldn't believe when my husband phoned me to say one was being traded in - he's a former Mazda mechanic working at VW. He said it's immaculate do you want me to bring it to you to look at. I said yes! He brought it home, I drove it that night and it was as if time stood still for me. I bought it the next day (yesterday) and have that same feeling I had when I bought my '94. Complete aw! After all these years and driving our '91 VW Passat with 17's, she's still the one for me. :eek:<P>I would have to say just the overall product. The looks, the ride and the pick up and go, especially those of us with manuals. That's what made me go back!!!<p>[ October 19, 2002: Message edited by: Disaster_Girl ]
Mo s Ricer

Post by Mo s Ricer »

i bought my mx-3 cuz no one in town had one and there the dopest looking car ever to roll off a production line mine my be a lil denated and a slow 4cyl 92 model but alice(my mx-3) is my baby
mosricer is powerd by mx-3's,gen2 mr2's and of course SUBARU'S.
Live Life One Ride At A Time.
xtreme_X

Post by xtreme_X »

i like a female with nice a-- but i hate car's with small bumper
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

CRX Si : slow as dirt, though it has alot of potential<BR>AWD DSM : problematic, and insurance was 2k+/year when I was 17<BR>240SX : Never found one in good condition [S13 or S14] that was MTX<P>I didn't even really shop for MX-3's. Just saw this one, and decided it fit the requirements [Japanese, 5spd, small] in the price range [~4k]. Had no clue about KLZE swaps or anything at that point, but I sure thought a 1.8L V6 DOHC was pretty stinking cool :)
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
chad

Post by chad »

i hate to say this, but was actually lookin for a honda,and had a really limited budget,i was on my way to pay for 94 civic hatchback when i decided to stop by one more place,and there it was... my beautiful beig MX-3....GS...<BR>fell in love with everything in it...the fact that it was a V6,1.8l, 5 spd, with an a-- like that..i just couldn't resist! 15 minutes later, it was all mine!<p>[ October 20, 2002: Message edited by: chad ]
"Bart, you will be promoted to 'man of the house', Lisa, you will be promoted to 'boy'"...Homer simpson<BR>-----------------------------------<BR>1992 MX-3 GS, 5 spd.
xtreme_X

Post by xtreme_X »

well i just looking for a abc car something cheap, as i look around i saw this toyota celica 97 mint condition in this particular dealer it was about 5Gs but it was sold so i look around at the back and there it was the mx-3, my jew drop and ever since then i fall in love with the mx-3 but the only thing that suck was that i couldn't drive it cause it was standard, i bought it but just didn't drive it my friend did after a few weeks i learn to drive it and let me tell you it KICK's a-- my friend and it a 92 gs,now imagine with a KL-ZE swap.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”