alternator upgrade

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Coykiam

alternator upgrade

Post by Coykiam »

has anyone ever done it besides the 90 amp alternator swap from the V6. Im talking about somewhere around 140 amp from an aftermarket. I dont know how much mods have to do to get that big of an alternator but it sounds challenging. And how hard is to swap to the V6 90 amp into the RS ? I mean, I know you have to swap the pulleys and brackets, But does the harness fit too or do I have to splice the wires ? which I dont really wanna do. anyone ?
dr. gonzo

Re: alternator upgrade

Post by dr. gonzo »

you dont have to splice anything...it all plugs in...and you dont have to swap any brackets....just put the bottom bolt in from the other side....but do switch pulleys
some peoples kids.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

instead of getting some huge aftermarket alternator that doesnt fit, you could also try sending yours out to get it built up to however many amps you want. It's a little pricey, but I did it with my Subaru and had it cranked up to 130 amps in the stock housing. Theres tons of places that do it, just search around on the net, or check with some of the guys on soundomain.com
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Coykiam

Post by Coykiam »

oh ok thanx guys........

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”