BPTranny/RearDisc Parts

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
BuGS

BPTranny/RearDisc Parts

Post by BuGS »

Ok i have a BP tranny on the way. I have read and read and think i know all that I need.

Jack shaft, rear tranny mount, Axles from Protege, and thats it. I think There was something about a Master cyl. or something....

Then on rear discs: Spindels, calipers, discs, brake lines, Master Cyl for brakes, E-brake cable, and thats all.

If anyone can help me out with an parts i missed. I with there was a FAQ for the Rear disc swap and the BP tranny swap..... Maybe i can do one after I get all the parts together.

If anyone can help. I am running low on time and yes i have searched. If you can just take a minute to help me i would greatly appriciate this. Thank you!

Clayton
OsoSlo z28

Re: BPTranny/RearDisc Parts

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

don't remember needing the rear mount. you DO need the side mount BRACKET.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

ok SO for the Tranny the master cyl. is thew Clutch master cylinder??? Thank you for your help!
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

clayton
since your swaping to the bp motor and trans i beleve you will need all 4 mounts. you might just need the front, rear, and trans side. i have a trany side mount. but i think it has a little tare inside. but im not sure about the motor side mount, if its different or not. cause the bp is like 1" longer than the b6. some one out there know if its needed?
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i would think the sohc and dohc mounts are the same. if so, you don't need any moounts, just the side tranny mount bracket.

<small>[ November 17, 2004, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: OsoSlo z28 ]</small>
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

the mounts are suppose to be the same from what i have heard. I guess i will find out :) . But i need the tranny side mount because the one that the guy i am getting the engine from his rusted through and broke. So that is the only part i need besides the Clutch master cylinder i am guessing. I am just going to get that, the Mounting bracket, and all the stuff i need for a rear disc swap the 27th hopefully. So far I havn't found decent prises on any of the items.... But if I am driving 3 hrs to go to junkyards by golly I am gonna get what I need.
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

The Sohc 1.6 and 1.8 Dohc mounts are all the same, however, you need 3 brackets for the bp tranny. The bracket near the radiator and one that mounts on the top of the BP tranny. The bracket on top of the tranny is made of cast iron which mounts to another cast iron piece mounted to your drivers side mount. :welder:

Click the link on my signature for more info...

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”