where's the radiator fan relay?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Domnknpimp

where's the radiator fan relay?

Post by Domnknpimp »

Hi my fan stopped working a few days ago. All the fuses are good, but the fan wont turn on when it gets half way like it's supposed to, and always has. When i turn on the A/C, the fan DOES turn on though, so I know the fan works, which means it should be the Radiator fan control relay thats gone. There are two large, 6 plug relays on the passenger side fender, right by the firewall, and I'm guessing one of those is the one... can anybody tell me which one is the relay for the fan? (the one in the front or the one in the back). I can always try by trial and error, but it'll be easier if I knew which one it was. . . . . Thanks Alot
Grants
BANNED Member

Re: where's the radiator fan relay?

Post by Grants »

The cooling fan relay is in the fuse box under the hood.

The a/c condensor fan is a different one.

<small>[ November 16, 2004, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Grants ]</small>
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

if you have a dohc, the cooling fan relay is in the driver side fenderwell behind the headlight. the a/c relay is on the passenger side by the firewall. two relays for two different fans. apply power at the relay, if the fan comes on, check the sensors.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

its the one that dont work lol...
Domnknpimp

Post by Domnknpimp »

lol yea i'm hoping its the one that doesn't work :D i'll check em out tomorrow mornin, too dark now thanks
Joe Carlson

Post by Joe Carlson »

I had the same problem when i swapped in my first bp, and it ended up being the little temp sensor that goes in right by your thermostat housing. What happened it kind of internaly broke, and if i wiggled it the fan would come on but the second i move it just right i would go back off. if thats it, its like 5 bucks at any local parts house.
92 MX-3 1.8L DOHC BP, 17" Konig wheels, 2.5 exuast, custom CAI, inverted style carbon fiber hood, GT-Combat body kit.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”