BP problems

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3TT
Supporting Member

BP problems

Post by mx3TT »

My BP runs and drive and all that good stuff but im having problems with it. First, it has trouble starting when it hasnt run in a few days. When I start it, it sputters and then dies and it does this like 3 or 4 times before it starts. When it starts it idles fine usually but once it get warm, when you press the gas to rev it, the engine cuts out and the rpms drop until you let your foot off the gas. You guys think its timing related or what?
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
OsoSlo z28

Re: BP problems

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

what ecu are you using? if you still have the clutch cut-out, try turning the ket w/o pushing in the clutch. then try to start it. i had to do this w/ my haltech setup for some reason. as for the other stuff, check your IAC valve and tps.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

I have the BP ECU. Just put a new(used) TPS on there and it seemed to help. The car tells me I need a new air flow sensor and a temp sensor. But the engine only cuts out when its warm.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

check the VAF plug...they like to get focked up.

Could also possibly be your VAF itself...they are cheap to replace. I had to on my protege b/c it had problems starting :(
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

I have one on the way. The engine code tells me its bad so hopefully it will go away with this replacement.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Chris-- that sounds like what my BP is doing as well. Let me know what you find out!
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

I will Perry. I just bought an air flow sensor and a BP wiring harness with VICS included(I wanted everything to look nice and some of my connecters are broken thats why I got a new one). So once I get a different VAF in there we will see what happens. Changing the TPS seemed to help a lot. My old roommate from when I went to school is coming up saturday to time the car and all that good stuff so we will see what happens. I still need to buy a catylic converter before it goes back on the road but I want one to hook straight up, hit autoparts store?
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”