Weird coincidence?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Ant_nee03

Weird coincidence?

Post by Ant_nee03 »

I have a 92 4 cyl standard, and today I brought it to the local lube shop to get my transmission fluid changed... now when I drive it the temp gauge goes up really high. It doesn't matter if i am driving or idling. I brought it back to have them look at it and they are stumped. They say it may be a faulty sensor, the thermostat,or the water pump. It didn't do this before I went to get the tranny fluid changed so I am wondering if there is any way that could have something to do with it. I am very car illiterate and I dont wanna pay too much for a cheap fix, so if anyone has had this problem before I'd appreciate the help.
What else is gonna go wrong?
Zetgohan

Re: Weird coincidence?

Post by Zetgohan »

change your thermostat (it'll cost $4.00 if you do it yourself. a very easy change)
if that doesn't solve it then come back
Ant_nee03

Post by Ant_nee03 »

ya i brought it to 2 different places and they both said thermostat or sensor so im gonna replace the thermostat. not that i know how to do it myself but im sure someone can help me.
jumboplay

Post by jumboplay »

The job itself is easy. If you can spare a few more bucks, get a real OEM Mazda thermostat. I've had 3 different aftermarket ones and every last one of them I hated...never quite the same temperature, never quite the same behaviour... anyway, just my two cents.
-Tom J, proud MX-3 pilot-
Get your entertainment upgraded at http://www.tommyv2.com

1996 MX-3 RS/GS hybrid, OBDII B6-ZE, painted Mazda crystal white, ZX-2+Eibach, Miglia Spyder 17"s, markerflash, black altezzas, insane fuel economy, too many other mods to list...
rukick

Post by rukick »

Replacing the thermostat is super easy to do yourself. If you want, I can email you or fax you the pages out of a manual I have that shows you how.
Turbo 94 Protege LX
Ant_nee03

Post by Ant_nee03 »

Ok I replaced my thermostat with some minor help and now everything is fine. So yay it was an easy fix..thank god :2thumbsup:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”