Installing Ebay Intake Need Help

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
hyman759

Installing Ebay Intake Need Help

Post by hyman759 »

I just got one of em ebay cold air intakes for my 92 1.6 sohc. I figured i can put it in without any instructions, but i was wrong. I hope someone here can lend me a hand with the instructions or at least some pictures of what it's suppose to look like when your're done. thanks. For now, i've got it set up like a short ram, but i wanna finish off the project like its suppose to. thanks again.
E mx3

Re: Installing Ebay Intake Need Help

Post by E mx3 »

Dude i just put on that intake today and i had the same trouble last night. The intake off of ebay isnt exactly accurate. I had to get a hack saw and saw off some of the intake tube because it was too damn long.-the filter was touching the ground! but anyway ill take a picture of it later and show you. Do you have it done by now? PS: the intake was well worth it. It gives you higher end horsepower.
E
E mx3

Post by E mx3 »

by the way how do u have it setup like a short ram? do u have your mass airflow sensor hooked up?
E
mykel78

Post by mykel78 »

the intake tube, the one with two curves goes through the black plate with the hole in it. The black plate attaches to the body underneath the coolant resevoir, so that the filter is inside the fender. This makes this a COLD AIR intake. The other end of this pipe connects to the MAF, which is then connected to the other tube, then to throttle body. I wish I could post a pic for you guys. That's how mine is, on a dohc, I didn't have to use the adaptor plate.
Good Luck!
If not broke - don't fix, modify. If broke - fix it right, and make it better.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”