Clutch making a noise on pull off.

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Captain Clint

Clutch making a noise on pull off.

Post by Captain Clint »

Hi all. The clutch seems to be making a noise once you pull off. Is my clutch on the way out or is it just an adjustment. What is the part number for a clutch kit for a Presso. :confused:
h8ter

Re: Clutch making a noise on pull off.

Post by h8ter »

Captain Clint, by noise do you mean a quick squeak or a rhytmic bearing noise. Ask yourself these questions:

1. Is the noise is a momentary sqeak upon releasing the clutch pedal?
2. Is the noise always there with the car in N @ idle ?

I'd say if the answer to No. 1 = YES, then your problem is a throw out bearing. If No. 2 = YES, then its a pilot bearing. This has been the case on a past Hondas I've had in the stable. The part number for these and the complete clutch kit can be had at the following link:

https://www.rockauto.com/applet3.html
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

it's not limited to just those two things. first of all, is the noise coming from inside the car, or from the engine bay?

while it very well could be one of the bearings, there's not enough proof to assume that's the culprit.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
honeybabes

Post by honeybabes »

Hi all

mine is doing a little squek noise once in while. I thought it has something to do with the clutch pedal since the noise is comming from there but I'm no mechanic so no idea yet.

One thing I noticed was a tap noise which can be heard from outside the car. I didn't notice it until when my GF drove it and once she stepped on the clutch pedal, I heard this tap noise.

is it serious? any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”