Manual?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Nomar

Manual?

Post by Nomar »

What manual do you guys use for repairs? Just one from crappy tire or is that not sufficient?
torpedan

Re: Manual?

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by Nomar:
What manual do you guys use for repairs? Just one from crappy tire or is that not sufficient?
Personally i use All Data, most people dont have accses to it or dont want to spend 700$ to lease it (not purchase).

Chiltons are okay, I prefer to use Hayes manuals. You can also get a CD that has all the data on it as well.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

yeah i have a Chiltons its ok the one for my moms car is made by hayes or whatever, and its i think a little better but when i asked for one the guy said they didnt make one for our cars :freak:
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
Nomar

Post by Nomar »

Thanks guys
h8ter

Post by h8ter »

Dude, I've got the Chilton manual and I have to say it sucks. I'd go with anything but Chilton on this car, there's just too much of the Miata/MX-6/Protege in there. I know they are all related but still I want to see more information on my car not the entire family. Hopefully the Haynes is better. I've used them in the past for M/C manuals and they have proven to be more in depth.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Damn, just when I thought I'd buy a Chiltons...
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

i have the chiltons and it sucks big time. i do have to say that something is better than nothing. it cost me 10 bucks on ebay including s/h .

i also have the mitchell all data cd and its not really much more help. but with those 2, its a start

i just made friends with a repair shope. they are just opening up. i got training on their AllData software. i had to call and get phoned trained.

i traded with the repair shop. i do computer work and they do the car repairs. all i pay for is parts. not a bad deal.

so my vote is for something is better than nothing if the price is right.
second choice is to ask us here on this site, for info on how to do things.
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Originally posted by Nomar:
* 95 Mazda Factory Shop Manual w/Electrical Troubleshooting Supplement (Hardcopy)

* Mitchell CD

* Mazda Electronic Parts Catalogue Database (CD's)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”