piece of crap sohc!!!!!!! please help

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
luis castro

piece of crap sohc!!!!!!! please help

Post by luis castro »

i just recently replaced my tranny. when i finished with that, my car won't run right. i turned it on and when i stepped on the gas, it studdered and backfired like a mother ****er and then eventually turned off. i already replaced most of the ignition and it still won't start. i replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, camshaft position sensor, control module, and coil. ( by the way, my camshaft pos. sens. is still good. the new one cost me $330.00 but i can't return it so if any of you guys ever need one, just let me know and i'll give you one). but anyways, i did this and it won't even start. it cranks but it won't start. i even messed with the timing and nothing. i know it's getting spark and i know it's getting fuel, so what could it be? :crying: MAF, compression problem,vacuum hose.... ect? if you have any advice, please let me know, thanx :2thumbsup:
save a lung, smoke a honda.
Gro Harlem

Re: piece of crap sohc!!!!!!! please help

Post by Gro Harlem »

o2 sensor
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

If it was not a pre exsisting condition before you replaced the tranny check everything you touched. LIke being sure your MAF is propperly connected and that the ribbed boot in the air intact is not ripped.

Those are a few common gremlins. If the problem exsisted beforehand then we have a whole diffrent can of worms.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
schwankesmx3

Post by schwankesmx3 »

sounds to me like ur maf is in backwards i did that once and was piss for about 5 mins and looked and the arrow was backwards..its just a thought but check and see if not that have your car re-timed by a pro-mech.
3-1-0 RACING club PREZ.
94' mx-3.....was all motor now awd bpt
91' 323....daily driver
78' cutless coupe...bad a-- mofo v8
95' eclipse gsx......awd turbo 11.4 eta
luis castro

Post by luis castro »

yup, it was the timing. i took it to pro- mech and he said the timing was all messed up. it got my car back today and it runs smooth as hell. the tranny feels real nice too. i'm surprised that dohc tranny bolted right up to my sohc. anyways, i'm spraying now and it feels good. thanx alot guys for the pointers.
save a lung, smoke a honda.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Originally posted by MiGhTymOuSe:
yup, it was the timing. i took it to pro- mech and he said the timing was all messed up. it got my car back today and it runs smooth as hell. the tranny feels real nice too. i'm surprised that dohc tranny bolted right up to my sohc. anyways, i'm spraying now and it feels good. thanx alot guys for the pointers.
timing right i be ****ing bricks spending all that money and it was just the timing. got to be pissing off so how about that race. sohc vs sohc wonder who win ur setup vs mine. be a good race. but good that u got ur mx-3 running i hook u up with that tranny. planing to hit up mili this sunday how about u. was the compesser good or not. laters

Drifter MX-3
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”