miata manifold questions

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
violent_J_54021

miata manifold questions

Post by violent_J_54021 »

Hey,
I got a 94 Miata engine for cheep, and I'm trying to get it into my 94 DOHC. I know this isen't very easy but I have already done the oil pan and I took the thermostat neck off and got a plate with a gasket to attach the MX-3 mounting hardware. Where I'm having trouble now is the intake. I thought I could just change manifolds, but when I got them off and set them side by side, the bolt patterns are the same but on the miata, the fuel injecters and built into the intake and on the MX-3 they are built into the head. so I guess I'm stuck using the miata intake. Also I'm looking at the 323 intakes and I belive they have the injectors in the manifold, but I'm not sure if it's the same bolt patten. I'm just posting to see if anyone else has done this and any tips, tricks, or just opinions that anyone had would be appreciated.
Thanks,
EricT
94 DOHC
Miata B6-ZE engine
ACT 4 puck clutch
workin on the money for a turbo...
torpedan

Re: miata manifold questions

Post by torpedan »

Yeah this has been a common concern in the back of my head. If i was at home i would try to find the info for ya but alas i am not. The 323 manifolds most likly wont flow very well though.

There is some crazy **** that can be done. Some of the upper/lower halfs are interchangeable and a mate might be able to be found. Doing this though you lose the vics.

In your situation though i would likely do somethign crazy make holes for the injectors ;)
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”