How to eliminate seatbelt light/buzzer *PICS*

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
TekPmp

How to eliminate seatbelt light/buzzer *PICS*

Post by TekPmp »

Hello all, There is a clicking sound coming from under my dash INSIDE the fuse box. After ripping out all the relays I finally found out the noise was coming from within the fuse box. The clicking doesnt even have a rhythm to it, its slow and random... sometimes it will stop for like 5 seconds then start up again! ....even when my car is off this happens. also the green "key light" flashes randomly when car is off I was wondering if our cars came equipped with some sound making device like a buzzer or something inside that fuse box. When I take the "Room" fuse out (circled in pic) this clicking stops but many things like my radio and maplights dont work when i have it out. I think the sound is a relay but it could possibly be a blown buzzer? ALSO im not sure if these symptoms are linked to this but my seatbelt light flashes randomly too with no rhythm when the car is on. this is driving me insane ...I had to put tape over the seatbelt light because it distracts me while driving. please help must .......make.....clicking.....stop :freak:

<small>[ May 27, 2004, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Joe's 94 RS ]</small>
Black 94 RS, Erebuni MS style front, OEM sideskirts, Clear signals, altezza tails, 93 seats, Civic projectors
dj inferno

Re: How to eliminate seatbelt light/buzzer *PICS*

Post by dj inferno »

the cords that detect the seatbelt are totaly diff., take out your center councle where your E-brake goes into, and check all the wires hooked up in there, and maybe follow the connections. thats more then likely the problem, i know mine used to constanty stay on, untill i tryed to fix my e-brake, then w/o even touchin the wires it fixed it... lol kinda weird... but thats were the wires are u wanna check. as for the clicking... umm not a clue... u replace the fuse?
TekPmp

Post by TekPmp »

Thanks for the reply dj inferno!

How to eliminate your seatbelt buzzer and warning light

Had some spare time and took a look at my main fusebox located under driver side dash and decided to do some experimenting. If you remove 2 bolts (one upper one lower) you can detach the fuse box from the cars body and twist it around to take a look at the backside. :D
Black 94 RS, Erebuni MS style front, OEM sideskirts, Clear signals, altezza tails, 93 seats, Civic projectors
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

i don't know about you but here in Washington is is a $101 extra ticket if you are not wearing yours. And they have given it to my friends fro the lap belt not on. But they were also in a school zone so it was $202.
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

"click it or Ticket" lol....
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

True, but the constitutionality of the law will be questioned in the supreme court of WA in the near future. Thus, the $101 may be eliminated soon. :2thumbsup:
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
TekPmp

Post by TekPmp »

This mod is intended to stop the seatbelt warning light and buzzer from turning on. Who said anything about not wearing a seatbelt? :shrug:
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

As with most respectable laws, you should wear your seatbelt because of what it was created for, not for the fine.
I feel naked if I don't have that seat belt latched in. I've been in a minor head-on fender-bender (Probably only 40km/h combined speeds) but boy did I feel the pressure. I'd probably been through the windshield if it wasn't for that little 'nuisance'.

Your car, you do what you want, but it's always nice to have relays and lights and buzzers all working properly :)
h8ter

Post by h8ter »

I know this thread is old but I wanted to post so newer members might not have to go through this. This MOD will kill the buzzer since you are physically removing it but it will NOT stop the seat belt light from flashing. I've done it myself on my 93 and though everything is nice and quiet all was not fixed. The best fix is to leave the buzzer module in place since it also keeps you from leaving your lights on inadvertently. Best solution is defined in Tech Section:

http://www.mx-3.com/tech/seatbelt-module.cfm

<small>[ September 18, 2004, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: h8ter ]</small>
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

have you used this hater? Cuz when i used in on my 92 is got rid of my Power Seatbelts and i don't know what else.
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

Darcy says>>>>> with most respectable laws, you should wear your seatbelt because of what it was created for, not for the fine.

Darcy grow up, it was created to put more monies in the government hands. if not then they could "fine" you without costing u monies. think!

I say>> i have been driving since i was knee high to a grasshopper, ie 10 years old. out in the farm the males have to start helping with all chores, one of which includes driving. tractors/trucks/even the cows/etc to do chores.

i am now 56 so thats a lot of driving.
there was no seatbelt rule/respectable laws back then. i feel its my right to not wear a seat belt.
ever heard of civil disobedience? Read your English literature. hint, Mark Tw

if i get a fine/ticket so be it. i have not gotten one so far and thats a lot of years of driving. and yes in houston, tex we do have the click it or ticket. its just a big government scam.

whats next? no "fixing up " cars cause we might get hurt?
h8ter

Post by h8ter »

Yeah Clayton, remove the seat and pull the connector on the seatbelt control box. Pop the three wires out and put everything back together. Start her up and enjoy driving bliss. Enjoy the silence.

Don't bother with removing the buzzer unit behind the fusebox. I did and ran down my battery by leaving my lights on all night. LOL, it never gave me the warning that my parking lights were on and I was in a rush. Live and learn. Needless to say I put the buzzer back in and I'm still enjoying the silence. Hope this helps ya out.

<small>[ September 18, 2004, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: h8ter ]</small>
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Wow, Myardor really jumped on that guy, eh?

No seatbelts before in cars. Ok. The population has more than double in that time. Ok. So there are way more cars on the road going faster and faster nowadays. Ok. Restraints were made for accidents. Ok.
Back in the day I remember my girlfriends father talking about, how they had this big boat of a car and it was stopped at a stop sign (his uncle and aunt were in the car). Then they got rear ended by another car going 30km/h. And because of no restraints or safety devices in the car, both the driver and passengers melons rammed into the nice steel dash. Both dead.
Now a days, people are taking 80km/h rear ends - and because of seatbelts(mainly) and air bags, people are surviving.
I think - back in the day there were less drivers. Which mean less of them didn't know how to drive. So nowadays there are probably way more idiot drivers on the road.
So if I can save me, my friends, and my family by wearing a small safety device - why not.
So save your family and friends from idiot drivers - wear a seatbelt. Not because of the fine - but because you can't control everything on the road.
And Myardor I hope you start wearing your seatbelt, we've lost way to many mx'ers over the years. :)
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Originally posted by h8ter:
Yeah Clayton, remove the seat and pull the connector on the seatbelt control box. Pop the three wires out and put everything back together. Start her up and enjoy driving bliss. Enjoy the silence.

Don't bother with removing the buzzer unit behind the fusebox. I did and ran down my battery by leaving my lights on all night. LOL, it never gave me the warning that my parking lights were on and I was in a rush. Live and learn. Needless to say I put the buzzer back in and I'm still enjoying the silence. Hope this helps ya out.
No the three wires are wrong....
When i did it i triple checked the wires and each time No power seatbelts.... and BuZZZZ and the light was on!
h8ter

Post by h8ter »

Clayton, that's strange the three wires worked like a champ a for me. Did the buzzer module removal work for you? It failed for me and I ended up putting it back in. I don't know what to say except maybe double check that the proper colored wires were removed.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”