hood holder uper thing-a-ma-jig lol

Post by dj inferno »

k... so i took off :D

<small>[ April 14, 2004, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: dj inferno ]</small>
papa roached

Re: hood holder uper thing-a-ma-jig lol

Post by papa roached »

i drilled out the pop rivets, took the hanger and screwed it to the rad support
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

wow that was the fastes responce i've ever gotten on this form :D cool, i'll try that... ne other ideas?
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by dj inferno:
but i would like to put it back on... what should i do? thx...
Put the whole stinking thing back on. What'd'you want to play with that for? The 4 cylinder uses the same air box as the V6 with 50% more HP than your car. If it can supply enough air to the V6, your little 88 HP powerplant is getting plenty of air with it on.
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

hook it in the top of the fan there is a slot!!
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

What I did was get some self adhereing velcro, then line up where I wanted to put about 3" piece and stick the soft side to the car, and hard to hood prop. My car is creek blue mica; so the velcro really isnt visable unless you look for it; thus, a much more clean look then stock. However, I do clean my engine bay once a week...

Oh yea...If oyu do this, make sure you clean both areas with goof off or mineral sprits.

<small>[ April 14, 2004, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: MX3-Freak ]</small>
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

Originally posted by MX3-Freak:
However, I do clean my engine bay once a week...

i think mx3-FREAK is a little bit of an understatment... lol jp.. but yah the reason i don't put it back on is becuase i was taking it off to do sumin else, and when i took it off one of the bults brook so i said "f" it and took the hole damn thing off lol, soo... ne ways, i did as the first person said and i screwed it onto the radiator suport... and now it looks tight (cuz i took the whole radiator suport and **** out and i cleaned and painted it... and screwed it on... but i got a problem... when i shut the hood, it pushes down on a peice of it and it still comes out lol... tommarow i will take a little better look at it and posibly bend a few things... ne thing that u know of that is easly breakable and important that i shouldn't be bending? thx
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

just put the darn thing back on. why do you need it off anyway?
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

It looks better with it off...less plastic. And plus, with a CAI you dont need the stupid thing.I would either take the clamp off of the plastic, and re rivet back to the fame, or velcro. I like the velcro because its soft and furry ;) . JK lol..But really, its kinda nice not have to fight the hood prop holder (I'm challeneged with those damn things).

Oh yes, and when I say freak, I mean freak :freak:
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

I've had mine off for awhile now. Sure there's no reason to take it off but why leave it on? :)
::'94 MX-3 GS::KLZE::
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

k... (as i said.. i think) i drilled out the rivets, and screwed it back in/on.. on the rad. support... it looks great... but now my hood its the poll, and pushes it back out of the popper... meh... i think it might stay in place ne ways... w/e **** it lol... i'll get it to work... sure i might need velcro, super glue and a mass amout of duct tape :)
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Hey, just remove it completely, you don't need it...... er.... um.... sorry, I don't need it, my hoods a pin on. but on my Base model I just left it on. But for a while I had it off, that times I just wraped a radiator harness wire around it
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

lol ghetto... sounds GREAT lol jp naw i think mines fine rightnow... i should go check and see if its in the same possition or if it moved? hmm i'll tell ya later...

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”