CAR WONT START HELP!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Redlined

CAR WONT START HELP!!

Post by Redlined »

So I just went to the gas station put in 20 bucks. Went in and payed then came out sat in my car and TRIED to start it. for some reason is started clicking when i tried to start it and the car would not start or even attempt. Got out checked under the hood, with my limited mechanical knowledge I assumed the starter was gone or something along those lines. Tried a few more times it still wouldnt start, then my friend came by and helped me roll start it. it started then I drove for about 5 mins and parked on the top of a parking lot which is hill. I turned off the car so if it wouldnt start again i could roll start it. Guess what? it didnt start it clicked like it did before but less times. then after a few times it just stopped clicking and nothing happened. we tried roll starting it about 20 times and it wouldnt start nothing worked at all not the lights not the gauges not the horn not a thing. then we boosted it and it started and we were like what the hell is going on so we shut it off and knowing we could boost it again tried to check out the problem. WEnt to boost again wont start. someone help me I need my car. :mad:
dj inferno

Re: CAR WONT START HELP!!

Post by dj inferno »

posibly a sylanoid (probly spelled wrong) switch... or the starter.. but if u said that that non of the electrical would work posibly need a new battery... u test that? or try jumping? idk... just sum thoughts...
hondah8er13

Post by hondah8er13 »

sounds like the battery... i bet it is something simple.. same thing happened to me.. but my battery was not getting a good connection.. so i put some new terminals on and it works great.. i also put the battery on charge overnight....and yes this happened to me out of the blue with no warning..
Zoom-Zoom
Redlined

Post by Redlined »

It does sound kinda batteryish but the alternator would have recharged the battery while I was driving and the battery is about 2 weeks old so I didnt think it should happen that quick. But i will never trust my alternator holy @#$*& if it is broken this time It will be the eigth time I will have to get a new one or rebuild it :welder:
Redlined

Post by Redlined »

It was the terminals. car starts fine now
thanx guys!
can someone close this for me//?
jpwmx3

Post by jpwmx3 »

This has happened to me several times. It was just a loose battery terminal (neg). I carry a wrench with me now. It keeps coming loose. :mad:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”