stupid dash lights aren't coming on ...some help please

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
sallyO92mx-3

stupid dash lights aren't coming on ...some help please

Post by sallyO92mx-3 »

hey its like i've tried everything i ripped the entire dash of to check all the wiring checked all the fuses everything is connected and still nothing, oh and my heater/ac doesn't work ether i'll turn it on and it boggs the motor but nothing out of the vents :mad: ???? is it a bad ac compressor are what, :confused2: and the last of my boring questions my boy has a 89 rx-7 it will start up and white smoke pours out of the exhaust we've checked the plugs and there saturated in fuel....is there no spark ? and he also said that there is two plugs that are hotter than the other two in ,is that supposed to be ??any help would be greatly appreciated :2thumbsup: thanx :2thumbsup:
"get some!"
Mx3Mazda420

Re: stupid dash lights aren't coming on ...some help please

Post by Mx3Mazda420 »

Not sure what to tell you about the Dash lights, I have a 1993 for probe and i took the dash apart to paint it. When i put it all back together none of the dash lights worked. So i drove with no lights! lol. The reason the Rx-7 is smoking is becouse it could be in need of new rings. Also check the firing pattern on the distributor cap and make sure the rotor is in the right spot. Im not sure if that will help. Hope it does, but hey what do i know? :shrug:
kuyaedz

Post by kuyaedz »

I had the same problem a while ago with my 92 mx-3. It turned out to be one of the fuses. Take a look and see if your rear brake lights are on. I found out that the dash & brake lights were one the same fuse (seemed odd to me). Anyway, I couldn't figure out why it was burning out my fuses so I just went a 5 rated fuse higher and haven't had any problems since.

Hope that helps.
sallyO92mx-3

Post by sallyO92mx-3 »

i,ve got brake lights and i have all new fuses .... just don't know what it is oh and i can get a 95 pro motor no tranny just motor for 300$ it also has 30,ooo miles on it will this be direct bolt up are will i have obd problems ???? oh and i found out my mx is 93 not 92 but i guess it don't matter .....
"get some!"

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”