dont know but its always something

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Ant_nee03

dont know but its always something

Post by Ant_nee03 »

Ok I am going to attempt to explain this and maybe get some help... My mx-3 has been making a sound for a little while and lately it has gotten worse. When I am slowing down to a stop and the car is in neutral it makes an odd noise. The noise is hard to explain its almost like running a stick down a wooden fence sound, if that makes any sense it doesnt do it when i am accelerating in the car or when I am stopped.Anyone had this problem or have any ideas. My mx-3 is a 92 4 cyl. Also I have been having trouble shifting into second though it is slight and the shifter knob makes a vibration noise when it is in second and forth, may be seperate but they are both annoying me so plz post if you have any info thnx. :crying:
What else is gonna go wrong?
hondah8er13

Re: dont know but its always something

Post by hondah8er13 »

well i don't know your exact problem but it sounds like any suggestions are welcome, so i will tell you that it sounds like it has to be a problem with your brakes... take your tires off and inspect them... :throwup:
Zoom-Zoom
Ant_nee03

Post by Ant_nee03 »

Does it make a difference that I dont have to be pushing the brake for this sound to come up?
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

You probibly have something stuck near your wheel and it is brushhing against the spinnig tire causing a ticking sound. It would only be audible at a range of speeds because stopped, the wheel isnt spinnig, and high speeds all you will hear is the engine and wind passing. There is a possibility of it being something else, but thats what it sounds like to me. BTW: it make take the removal of the wheel to see/remove, so if you happen to know which one it is coming from, that would help. :shrug:
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
Ant_nee03

Post by Ant_nee03 »

anyone know how much approx. it would cost to get my clutch replaced. I was told it would need replacing when i got the car and it has been like 7 months since then seems to be worse now.
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Well, if you're ambitous, it will cost the amount of the clutch and you do the labor. If not, then depending on what kind of cluth you pu in, 300+...atleast around here (prices in washington are absurd)
Car Meanins:
Ant_nee03

Post by Ant_nee03 »

hey is there anyway it could be my cv joint it has been making the noise for awhile and i noticed a lot of grease inside of my passenger side tire in the front it has been like that for awhile, but it was never so loud before. perhaps it has just gotten worse
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i was going to suggest your cv axle. makes a popping noise, similar to what you described. does it seem to do it more while turning? whichever wheel has all the grease, look at the boot on the cv axle. check for rips/tears. sounds like that could be your problem.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Ant_nee03

Post by Ant_nee03 »

Well i brought it to the mechanic.... bad news they told me that it was my transmission going. Anyone know somewhere to buy one cheap?.. ya right anyways why can it never be anything small for me. :confused: :sadwavey:
Ant_nee03

Post by Ant_nee03 »

Ok well I am gonna try and get a transmission fluid flush tomorrow and see if that helps at all... I sure hope it does cuz I can't even seem to find the freaking place to put in new transmission fluid lol so I am bringing it to an express lube to have it done. :pimp:
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Manual transmission, its just like chaning the oil on your engine...drain and refill wit top bold. Although you really should never have to change MT fluid unless you have an insane amount of miles on the damn thing :confused2: ? ) . Good luck with your car .... :werd:
Car Meanins:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”