RPM Crazy II

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MaXPowers

RPM Crazy II

Post by MaXPowers »

Hey waz up everyone. I seem to have fixed the idle problem when I have the car on park. It idles fine where its supposed to be around 1000 rpm. The big problem I have though is when I put my car on drive and my idle just drops to 0. Sometimes it will barely stay up at around 100 rpm if I give it alot of gas and let go of it. My problem is how to fix the idle when my car is on drive? Any suggestions from the MX-3 Professionals?
MX3-Freak

Re: RPM Crazy II

Post by MX3-Freak »

Well, I dont know whats wrong wit hyour srive, but I do know you idling to high in park. 750rpm is factory set up for both AT and MT.
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
MaXPowers

Post by MaXPowers »

Well I can fix that easily, but the thing is fixing the idle when on drive. I can't figure that out whatsoever.
hondah8er13

Post by hondah8er13 »

i have the EXACT same problem... 92' 1.6L sohc does yours vibrate really bad in drive? mine does... i have been under the hood all day trying to figure this out and i am still empty handed... anybody??
Zoom-Zoom
MaXPowers

Post by MaXPowers »

Yeah exactly. My car rumbles like hell when the car actually stays on in drive. Like you, I've tried every single thing I can think of. From rebuilding to replacing every big part. I don't know how to fix the problem. Any ideas anyone?
hondah8er13

Post by hondah8er13 »

hey this is what i have done so far and my car does not die anymore, but still that bad idle and vibration in drive: pcv valve, FULL tune-up, took throttle body and intake manifold off and cleaned out, new belts, reset computer, reset idle via the ecu, also did the breather valve mod <---- this was a huge difference! have you tried it yet? if you don't know what i'm talking about then i will explain.. otherwise just wanted to tell what i have done so far..... i'm about out of ideas... somebody said the transmission but it is strong and also shifts smooth... there is no sign of it going out... :driver:
Zoom-Zoom
uberchcken

Post by uberchcken »

Check the injectors. Mine was doing that and eventually cyl. 3 went out. the injector is burned. currently looking for a new engine now. The car used to be my sisters when all of this happened. I just got the car a few days ago.
Joe Carlson

Post by Joe Carlson »

Hey, i've had that problem in a car before, and all it turned out to be was the timing. Not sure if its the same problem, but it worked in my mom's car. Just a suggestion. -Joe
92 MX-3 1.8L DOHC BP, 17" Konig wheels, 2.5 exuast, custom CAI, inverted style carbon fiber hood, GT-Combat body kit.
MaXPowers

Post by MaXPowers »

Yeah that's what I assumed from the start because we replaced the injectors too along with every other thing I mentioned before. It probably is the timing on my car.
mxtreekid

Post by mxtreekid »

if it is not the timing that is wrong, it is probably the tps (throttle positioning sensor), the same thing was happenin to my boys mx-6 and that was the problem

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”