Electrical Problem! Not FuN!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Shades

Electrical Problem! Not FuN!

Post by Shades »

Has anyone had this problem?<P>I'll be driving down the road and step on the brakes. All my guages turn off and back on, my power door locks... unlock and lock, and my radio turns off and back on. It's like the car shuts off and back on while I'm driving... now this happens only when I step on the brakes, but not all the time I step on the brakes.<P>Anyone have any idea before I go pay Mazda money (ie. $45 per half hour)?
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
BumpNGlow

Re: Electrical Problem! Not FuN!

Post by BumpNGlow »

this happend in my friend's caddi awhile back... I don't know if this has any relevance to mx-3s, but it ended up that a new battery solved everything....<P>and his gauges only turned off when he went around turns(quickly)
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
marksoden

Post by marksoden »

Also don't know if this is related...since my components only dim quickly and don't turn off...but after throwing money into the mazda firepit, they finally decided it might be the wire harness that has corroded and replacing it might help. No more mazda mechanics in my car thanks.
---------
94 Black MX3 GS Manual
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

my car did the same thing after it met a few trees...and when i stepped on the clutch the driver's side auto seatbelt moved foward...just some old wiring problems i resolved as i repaired 4000 USD worth of body damage...

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”