tranny ? for the bpt

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
custommx3gtx

tranny ? for the bpt

Post by custommx3gtx »

is there a way to beef up the 90-94 protege tranny to make them stronger. I have been through 2 already and i have had my motor built up over the winter so i will have more hp than before. im just getting tired of replaceing them every time i blow one. thanx for any help
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Re: tranny ? for the bpt

Post by mx3TT »

Well first, how much power are you going to have? and second, are you having these transmissions rebuilt or are you just throwing old trannys in there?
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
custommx3gtx

Post by custommx3gtx »

im not too sure what kind of hp im going to get im hopeing for 300+ whp if not that alright as for trannys im just putting in used ones with low kms on them
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

From what I remember, the protege tranny can hold a lot. When you say low kms on them, about how much? I put in a used tranny and I didnt really know much about it and I blew it up in a week. So I bought another one for $100 and had it rebuilt for about $1,200. It should hold a good amount of power. Try to look into cryoing your gears or something along those lines.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
custommx3gtx

Post by custommx3gtx »

the last one that i put in my car had 103 000 km on it my new one has 98 000 kms. i hope it last for a bit. it seems to be the diff that blew both time. i just dont want to spend money on a limited slip diff if every thing else is going to be weak.

ill look in to cryoing the gears thanx

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”