starting trouble

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
kuyaedz

starting trouble

Post by kuyaedz »

I cannot figure out this car! I've got a 92 MX3 that has run, for the most part, fine for the past two years. Recently I've started having problems with starting. But it isn't just starting...

I can start it in the morning fine, no problems, and head to school/work. After class I get back in my car (3hrs later) and try to start it. Nothing. It cranks, cranks & cranks but won't fire and idle. I found that I have to leave it alone for probably 5-6hrs before it'll start again.

Now I'm pretty sure it's not an electrical problem due to the fact that it'll run fine on the first start. I thought if the plugs were bad or something it'd run poorly. Not a problem.

Also, when I crank it I can smell gas pretty good. That makes me think it is not a fuel-line problem. If the gas wasn't making it to the engine I wouldn't be able to smell it.

This all confuses me pretty good. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Som1Dies2Nite

Re: starting trouble

Post by Som1Dies2Nite »

First of all, do you have a check engine light on or any trouble codes you know of?
Member @ ak-47.net
hondah8er13

Re: starting trouble

Post by hondah8er13 »

sounds like it is getting to much gas and flooding out... not really sure what could cause this... maybe injectors? maybe alot of things...hope this helps.
Zoom-Zoom

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”