Vibration! help teeth are chattering!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
hondah8er13

Vibration! help teeth are chattering!

Post by hondah8er13 »

here i am again, desperate for advice. my car is a 92 mx-3 auto. 1.6L sohc. my problem is when i am in park everything is fine, then reverse everything is fine, then comes drive... all hell breaks loose, the car is vibrating so bad i won't even drive it. it is so loud mostly on the inside but on the out to, so far i have done: new plugs, wires, pcv, breather filter, o2 sensor, cap, rotor, cleaned out intake tube, cleaned out throttle body, exhaust work, new belts, oil change. also when i bought the car (2 weeks ago) the guy just had a rebuilt trans. put in (I saw the reciepts) so here i am stuck, i got underneath it while it wa in drive and it just rattles not really from a particular spot. any help appreciated. thanx
Zoom-Zoom
hoonman

Re: Vibration! help teeth are chattering!

Post by hoonman »

Well I doubt this is what is wrong because it sounds like you are talking about the whole car shaking. I had a rattle that drove me nuts and it was the heat shield above the resonator had rusted through and was rattling against the pipe and underbody.
hondah8er13

Post by hondah8er13 »

thank you for replying but your right it is the whole car.... i guess i'm gonna have to break down and put it in the shop =( thanks again
Zoom-Zoom
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

ok i got a manual 1.8 v6 but i guees they are similar when it comes down to the problem i got.
If you are talking about the car shaking vibrating on the steering wheel and stuff. It's just a guess but try checking the cv joints and the rest of the drive shaft.
I got this problem at the min i replaced the track rod end and outer cv joint but to replace the joint that looks like a tripod joint you gotta buy the whole drive shaft. OVer here it's £150
Guard-TL-

Post by Guard-TL- »

A similar thing happened to me a few week's ago. I was putting on my rims, and I did not tighten the lug nuts all the way. After a few minutes of driving the car started to vibrate violently,at this point I am on the highway. When I get home 1/2 later and check my wheels a few of the lug nuts were as much as half way out. Hope you get your problem fixed.
95 MX-3 RS, Black, 5 Speed.
Mazda Speed body kit.
17" white ADR "vision" rims.
SONY head unit, speakers, subs, and amp.
Costume CAI, and Exhaust systems.
FlyingMXer

Post by FlyingMXer »

I heard of a simmilar problem on a jeep cherokee, don't know if it is applicable here but he had a bad engine mount. the engine vibration was going through the whole truck.
Later, D
92 4-banger (totaled unfortunately. Current ride is 2001 Mustang GT)
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

my teacher had this problem with his 95 protege and it was a motor mount that was bad
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

my teacher had this problem with his 95 protege and it was a motor mount that was bad. it was the one in the rear underneath the battery tray.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
hondah8er13

Post by hondah8er13 »

does anybody know how to check them?(motor mounts) i looked at them they look ok, but like i said i don't really know what i'm looking for... i am car/motor literate i have just never done anything with motor mounts...i did check though and for one it is 65 bucks! (US) i thought they were supposed to be cheap. anyway thank you so much for the replies. it is greatly appreciated. :driver:
Zoom-Zoom

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”