could this work ??? help please.....

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
sallyO92mx-3

could this work ??? help please.....

Post by sallyO92mx-3 »

just reccently acquired a 92 mx-3.sweet !!! the question is can you swap the 1.6 sohc 16v head for the 1.6 dohc ??? tight bu :welder:
"get some!"
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: could this work ??? help please.....

Post by Josh »

i have a DOHC head sitting around, it is only supposed to have about 30 to 35K miles on it, its a JAP import. the ports have been cleaned up a little. the rings and berrings started going out in the bottom end so i took the engine out. the valves should probably be reseated, but they look good, and you could get away without doing it probably. i would be willing to get ride of it pretty cheep.

in swaping to the DOHC you would need the exaust manafold(I have two of thoes also and one with a good CAT), and the swaping the intake but im not totaly sure about that one. im not totaly sure about ECU and everything else but you probably wouldent have to swap all that, with just alittle modifying. your best bet is do a searsch on the forum. iv seen it all there before. i have an extra intake Man as well but im not sure if i want to get rid of that.
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: could this work ??? help please.....

Post by Josh »

the injectors would probably be quite a bit more so it would definatly give more fuel. but i wouldn't swap the fuel pump i dont really see it that nessary if your not running a turbo.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”