Swap to KL-ZE...????

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Kenzie

Swap to KL-ZE...????

Post by Kenzie »

Hey guys! I have some questions about swapping from a 4 cyl to a KL-ZE. I'm getting the engine from www.streetimports.com for $1299US and having it put in locally here in Arkansas. Can anyone tell me what I should need...new axles, tranny, motermounts? Will I need to make any electrical changes? I am clueless but would like to do this without my boyfriends help so any input would be greatly appriciated. I'm expecting to spend around $2500US but I wouldn't be that suprised if it was more.
Thanks guys!
Kenz
::'94 MX-3 GS::KLZE::
ryanlindenberg

Re: Swap to KL-ZE...????

Post by ryanlindenberg »

you should go BPT instead, much easier if you have a I4.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

definintely go with the bpt or b6t. for you to go from the 4cyl to the 6cyl, you need just about everything from the front end of a gs mx-3. very costly.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
DVH

Post by DVH »

You can get more power out of the BPT than the ZE too. MUch quicker car :roll:
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

Okay...lets get one thing straight, I have about $5000US to play around with...but if you guys say BPT is the way to go then give me info on that. :2thumbsup: What do I need and where can I get it? And once agian, how much will it cost me?
BTW if I end up getting romped all over by another ricer Honda after this is over, especially a Del Sol, then I'm coming up north to kick some a$$es! :rant2:
Kenz
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Originally posted by DVH:
You can get more power out of the BPT than the ZE too. MUch quicker car :roll:
Let's see some proof. Comparing a stock bpt to a stock klze, the klze has more power. Sure, you can pump out some power out of the bpt but you need to be ready to drop some serious cash.

If I were you and had 5k to play with, I'd sell my current car, buy a gs, swap a klde in it and turbo it.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

If you are looking at doing a swap, you might be interested in these guys. The KL-ZE is only $899 there and the prices on the BP-T's are the lowest I have seen them also. Just trying to save you some $$$.
Total Boost
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
cris_barros

Post by cris_barros »

Hmmm..

I think that the KL-ZE is better than the BPT...stock = more power than the BPT, and with low boost (9-12psi) can reach 250-300whp (tuning!)...

I'm saving my money to put the KL-ZE in my car (RS)...why?? I don't wanna to use a lot of boost to reach 300whp, more reliable this way :D

And..hey, if I already have a Stand-Alone (TECIII), and I'll get a performance radiator...and in both swaps (bpt and kl-ze) I would need a new tranny...I can wait a little more, and get the V6 sound as a bonus :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
Cris

Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I'd take a BPT over a KLZE any day. I simply think its a better motor with more potential.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
cris_barros

Post by cris_barros »

Serious??

There is a Mazda 323 GTR (yep..GTR, not GTX)around here (Brazil)..it's very rare to get the 323, 'cause Mazda only imports the MX-3, 626 and 929... I'll take some photos and post here...

The guy wants around US$1800,00 to do the swap (he'll keep my engine , a brand new 98 B6-ZE with 40.000Km).

I saw your website, and it looks like you know what you are talking about...so, if really think that the BPT have more potential, I am really considering this swap (or do you think that I should try turbo my 1.6??)..

Thanks bro! :2thumbsup:
Cris

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

The reason I started looking into the ZE instead of the BPT is because I really don't want to mess around with a turbo. I think I'm going to find a V6 that has a blown engine or that has been wrecked and sell what's left over from the swap on here or ebay. So if anyone is selling a V6 let me know.
Kenz
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

turbo's aren't hard as long as you learn them. i think turbo's are a lot more fun than an n/a car. sound of the turbo spooling, bov, nice deep exhaust tone.

i'd also take a bpt over the ze anyday.

for a rundown on the bpt swap and most of the parts, there's a FAQ about it me and someother people wrote about it. go into the 4cyl FAQ and select show all topics, it's the bpt one. :D
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

I have to admit the sound of a turbo can really brighten your day but in the long run it's really not for me. Besides my boyfriend is picking up his turbo RX-7 sometime this month and I can always trade cars with him on the days that I want a change.

Anyway...I need to know if I can get all the parts I need off of the 1.8L V6, in other words, are they interchangable? What parts are best bought new? And where is the best, and cheapest, place to get them?

Thanks! :D
Kenz

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”