"brake" light intermittently turning on on the

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jumboplay

"brake" light intermittently turning on on the

Post by jumboplay »

Just recently my brake light came on on my cluster. It's not the handbrake, since the handbrake still turns off the DRLs if I pull it. It doesn't come on right away, only when I give the car some gas, then it stays on until I shut the car off. The brake fluid seems to be at the right level, and there aren't any noises or anything else that seems strange, braking feels normal. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! :crying:
-Tom J, proud MX-3 pilot-
Get your entertainment upgraded at http://www.tommyv2.com

1996 MX-3 RS/GS hybrid, OBDII B6-ZE, painted Mazda crystal white, ZX-2+Eibach, Miglia Spyder 17"s, markerflash, black altezzas, insane fuel economy, too many other mods to list...
torpedan

Re: "brake" light intermittently turning on on the

Post by torpedan »

seems to be at the right level? I would suggest topping off the brake fluid and checking to be sure the senor is plugged in properly and trace the wire back to the harness and be sure there are not any spots that are able to go to ground.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

See if your e-brake is loose. It will still work if it's loose, but if its kinda loose it will move around, which would make your brake light turn on at times.

<small>[ December 23, 2003, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]</small>
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
jumboplay

Post by jumboplay »

Thanks everyone for your help. Even though the fluid level was fine, I just added brake fluid until it practically spilled over :-) Problem's fixed! :)
-Tom J, proud MX-3 pilot-
Get your entertainment upgraded at http://www.tommyv2.com

1996 MX-3 RS/GS hybrid, OBDII B6-ZE, painted Mazda crystal white, ZX-2+Eibach, Miglia Spyder 17"s, markerflash, black altezzas, insane fuel economy, too many other mods to list...

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”