5th gear sqealing

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Rp's_mx-3

5th gear sqealing

Post by Rp's_mx-3 »

Hi everyone, I have an odd problem, I have a 92 5spd 4cyl and every time I am driving and I put it in 5 gear it screams. Its only when i give it gas if I let off the gas it goes away. I changed the tranny oil and it went away alittle but its still really noisy. It shifts good and never grinds but it just makes a sound like a supercharger. I hope someone can help me because this is really geting anoying. thanks
Freq2002

Re: 5th gear sqealing

Post by Freq2002 »

Gear noise is rarely a good thing,...
When you changed the tranny oil, didja look at it for metal flakes suspended in the oil?
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

a friend of mine has a 1983 honda prelude with like 230k miles. he's got 5th gear wine also. hasn't broken yet, it still shifts just fine. how many miles are on the car? my experience and what i've heard from others is that so long as the gearbox still shifts smoothly and doesnt' grind, there isn't any real serious problems. hope it works out for ya! :2thumbsup:
-Dan
(SOLD) '94 RS, rebuilt B6 DOHC engine & cyl head, ACT clutch, e-bay CAI, 2 1/4" exhaust, wide open resonator w/ stock muffler, H&R springs, Tokico HPs, front strut tower brace, KVR drilled rotors w/ carbon fiber pads, Falken tires, Impostor lightweight wheels, Kenwood & MTX sound.

straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.
sweetmx3

Post by sweetmx3 »

I kind of have the same thing it only usually happens when i go over 65 and in 5th gear bot mine it isn't very loud u can only hear from inside and mind kind of sounds like a belt or something hopefully I can also find out soon. :shrug:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”