question.urgent

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
XxLuieLinesxX

question.urgent

Post by XxLuieLinesxX »

hi today i tried changing my manual windows to power windows, i got all the wiring for inside the door and the regulaors and swiches..everything is hooked up, but only the side view mirrors and the speaker works not the windows on both doors. does any1 kno y this is happening?is it something small or is it the wiring thats already on my car thats not meant for power windows.any info would help, my windows are down and i cant push em up now and i'm praying to god it dont rain so its an emergency

thanks
Marlon

Re: question.urgent

Post by Marlon »

i did the swap and it worked fine
just go over everywire
good luck
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
XxLuieLinesxX

Post by XxLuieLinesxX »

i'm pretty sure evrything is pluged in right,i dont have one of those volatage tester things to check if theres power going into those plugs but i'll get one tomorrow and see, i dont think theres any power going to the power window plugs, but its weird that the other things are getting power except for those plugs. i think it could also be that i got all the parts from a GS and mine is a RS
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

i have an rs and it worked fine for me
are both sides not working or just the one?
look at the fuses :shrug:
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Som1Dies2Nite

Post by Som1Dies2Nite »

Be sure to check your fuses. You never know, they might have been taken out since you didnt have power before.
Member @ ak-47.net
XxLuieLinesxX

Post by XxLuieLinesxX »

yea there were some fuses missing and i had some 15volt fuses lying around so i popped those in but still nothing, and i figured they'd blow if i needed higher volt fuses but nothing. i think the wiring inside my car is just different, because the wiring in the door that i just put on, the conector that hooks up to the other connector inside the door has more wires and connections in it. so i think the wiring inside my car is different, i dunno i put the old manual regulators back in so i could close the windows
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

i took all the wires in the old doors and put them in my car doors
how did u run the wires if it has nothing to plug into ?
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
XxLuieLinesxX

Post by XxLuieLinesxX »

I got all the parts, the regulators and the switches and the full wiring for inside the door so i took out the ones that were in my car already and put everything new, i just pluged it to the same plug that the old ones were pluged into, you know the conector thats coming from inside the car. do power windows have to work with power locks?because i dont have power locks and its the only plug thats not connected to anything(grey connector), and its both doors that arent working

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”