Safc 2 install/ gauges?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Timmyd865

Safc 2 install/ gauges?

Post by Timmyd865 »

Hey guys. I just orded an SAFC 2. I'll have it on my NA for now. I'm SLOWING building up parts for my turbo, I'm pretty much just getting prepared with stuff before I actually get the thing in. I'm first doing SAFC, and then a new clutch.
First off, anyone know if SAFC's are hard to install on a 95? I'm guessing it won't be too hard.
Second, for tuning what should I buy? Obviously, you can't tune w/out knowing what the engines doing! Will an A/F gauge do fine? I know EGT's are better, but how do those work? Don't those also depend on ur timing, and not just how lean/rich you are? I'm mainly just gonna be playing w/my fuel curve, so the A/F gauge makes sense.
Third. Where do you get 2 and 5/8ths gauges?!??! ? I know those are what fit in the miata, and they have the same little breast like vents as us. I want to put my one (maybe two gauges) in the vents. Any ideas there? Thanx guys!
16" Sport Edition Fox 2's, Yokohama H4's, Eclipse CD player, Eclipse components, MTX amp, Lightning Audio woofers in a custom fiber glass enclosure, custom intake, factory spoiler installed, reverse indiglo gauges, custom switch panel<p> :) www.geocities.com/timsmx3
maldo

Re: Safc 2 install/ gauges?

Post by maldo »

S-AFC is easy to hook up on the '92, not sure of the '95. Just get a wiring diagram, look at the online manual. As for tuning, get the EGT gauge, costs 3 times as much but is way more useful. If you do the blue wire mod with the S-AFC, you will be able to see the O2 voltage. This is exactly what the A/F gauge displays, just in pretty lights. You are looking for a voltage of around .7 for starters. You can use the exhaust note to help tune the S-AFC. The EGT should be 1000'F cruising speeds and 1400'F under full throttle (or there abouts). Autometer makes the gauges you are looking for.
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

Does anyone know EXACTLY where to find the ECU wiring digram? I can't find it :) Yeah. I'm excited. SO ANYONE GOT wiring diagrams?!?! Or know the EXACT PLACE on the manual to find em?! Thanx!
16" Sport Edition Fox 2's, Yokohama H4's, Eclipse CD player, Eclipse components, MTX amp, Lightning Audio woofers in a custom fiber glass enclosure, custom intake, factory spoiler installed, reverse indiglo gauges, custom switch panel<p> :) www.geocities.com/timsmx3
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

if you go to the online manual on the mx-3.com main page, it'll have the wiring diagrams for the wires you need to hook up if you have a dohc. too bad for us sohc owners because there wasn't a diagram for sohc motors.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

ask jarid HE HOOKED ONE UP
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

Hey guys. I found the wiring diagram on the shop manual. BUT WHAT IS R, RL, B/W, stuff like that/?!?! Are those colors, or what/!?! That just confused me! Thanks!
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

ANYONE about the wiring diagram colors and letters? Thanx1
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

find cjthor.....
i think his email is cjthor@hotmail.com<p>he already hooked on up to a 95
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”