Need information on swapping in a BPT

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
kuruption1983

Need information on swapping in a BPT

Post by kuruption1983 »

aight herez the deal, i can get a BPT for 600 bucks, but i wanna know what else i will need to just get it running since i wont be @ the track like 24/7 beating skylines, :D
plz just tell me the most basic things i will need to get it running as a non-hard driven daily driver.
Can i use the stock ECU, tranny, axles, clutch and everything else, and just get a new engine and drop it in. ???? :shrug: <p>Is it gonna run rich or something like that with the stock ECU ???<p>will appreciate everyone's comments,,
Ryencool

Re: Need information on swapping in a BPT

Post by Ryencool »

from what i uderstadn you can run it with the stock tranny and axles, ecu no. THeres no way the 1.6 n/a ecu is going to ocntrol a 1.8 turboed engine. YOur going to atleast need the ecu and here in NY they arent hard to find for around 200$. So if i were you id s ave a few extra bucks and get the eu and harness, so you can run it correctly..
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Re: Need information on swapping in a BPT

Post by mx3TT »

If I were you, do it right the first time. I learned that the hard way with my tranny. I spent a lot of money on everything else but left out on the tranny. And I happened to buy a really bad onefrom a junkyard. Do it rightthe first time, otherwise you will just have to go through everything again. I dont know about your money situation so it might be different. I was poor and now I am even worse. Check out my cardomain site in my sig for what I used in mine.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”