ECU

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
TopGun

ECU

Post by TopGun »

Hi guys,<p>I was hoping someone might have information on the Mx3 / Mazda ECUs in general. I'm looking to reprogramming ECUs as my project while I'm on work term. I have a fairly in depth understand of analog and digital circuits but haven't really dealt with anything automotive related in terms of embedded computing.<p>Does anyone have circuit diagrams for our ECUs? I'm guessing the main program is just stored in an EEPROM so it shouldn't be too difficult to add a little more functionality. Things like - altering rev limiters, traction control etc...<p>Anyhow, please contact me at rtshanks@uwaterloo.ca if you have information pertaining to this aspect of our cars.<p>On a sidenote: I'd be completely okay with reverse engineering this thing if anyone has an old ECU they're not using and wants to donate it to me for a project. I'll check out some local junkyards.<p>Rob
Speed Kills - Drive a honda, live forever...
OsoSlo z28

Re: ECU

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

one thing about our ecu's is that you have to solder in a socket and then add your eprom. our ecu's aren't the greatest at accepting this as i was a test dummy for 3 prototypes from two diff companies on trying to incorporate the bpt fuel maps into the mx3 ecu....and they all failed.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”