Final word on turbo-ing an RS

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
UnkleDuke

Final word on turbo-ing an RS

Post by UnkleDuke »

Okay, I've read all of the info I can find here re: turbo-ing an RS. This board and some members are killer for info, but I was wondering if I could be a pain in the A$$ and re-hash the turbo discussion one more time.
Problem is the info is so broken up. Can the best of the board please commit to finalize as best as possible the procedure and equipment needed to turbo an RS (specifically with a IHI VJ-11 seeing as thats what I'm rebuilding).
If there is enough interest, I can even compile the info and host a page to rid the board of at least some future queries.
BTW. I'm fairly new on the board, so admins let me know if I'm out of line here.
No Sig
Len-Dogg

Re: Final word on turbo-ing an RS

Post by Len-Dogg »

That sounds like a great idea to me. I know I am somewhat intersted in that, but as you said there is almost too much info and it's hard for me to figure it all out. :-)
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

are you talking about turbo charging the 1.6 or doing the bpt swap?
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
UnkleDuke

Post by UnkleDuke »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ryanlindenberg:
are you talking about turbo charging the 1.6 or doing the bpt swap?<hr></blockquote><p>Turbo charging the 1.6L...I picked up a IHI VJ-11 fairly cheap from a junk yard (because I took it off myself), along with the intercooler and some piping, for a rebuild project. I would like to install it once I finish, but I don't want to have a half-assed job. I read the info re: fuel pump from a 2ndGen RX7, exh.Manifold from a 323GT/GTX, Modified ECU programming or boost controller, tapping the oil pan for turbo oil return line, and front mounting the intercooler. I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered before I start the project. I would be quite upset if I blew the engine because I forgot something.
Anyway, back to the point. That's why I posted, because I know there are a lot of guys on here who've done these types of installs and really
know their stuff.
No Sig
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”