help with my friend's mx-3

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Morphector

help with my friend's mx-3

Post by Morphector »

One of my friends have a 1996 mx-3 with a 4 cyl...<p>Great car, I tried it yesterday because I didnt believe him, this car have no low rpm torque, the car isnt powerfull at all between 1000rpm and 3500rpm, once it hit 3500-4000 the engine is real strong... you have to shift at 4000rpm or more because the car have no power....<p>My 323 have more torque on the low end than is car.... I would smoke him off the line.. then when he hit high rpm he smoke me...<p>What whould be the problem on his car?<p>I tought it could be the mass air flow or the vris(or vits I didnt remember the name)...<p>Thx a lot for the help in advance :)
jwillistyl55

Re: help with my friend's mx-3

Post by jwillistyl55 »

dude there aint nuttin wrong wit it....its still stock right?? well mine is and mine is the same way even in the 93. I mean there are things he can do to make his car faster off the line but i wouldnt because he still has the whole shot. but if he is trying to race people faster off the line and still quick in the long run he will be smoked. but if he is not plannin on takin on any really hooked up rides and he just races spurr of the moment on the street id say dont mess wit is unless you ready to put down a lot of dough to make it both quick off the line and fast in the whole shot<p>hope this helps
cody
93 still stock but workin on it
SPEED KILLS! SAVE A LIFE! DRIVE A HONDA!!!
Morphector

Post by Morphector »

Thx for your help jwillistyl, but it wont solve the problem<p>the car really have a problem...
It have NO power, and when I say NO its NO power on low rpm..<p>To start with we aint racing every people on the road, I bought my 323 as a commuter car, and I don't really plan to mod it, he is in the same case as me,...<p>Do you find normal that when its 30 C outside with A/C, the car offenly don't accelerate for 3-4 even 5 sec, even if you push the gaz pedal to the limit the car is staying here and it moove slowly at something like 1 feet per second?
You can't even make a lil burn with it, the engine drop to 500-1000rpm but it never stall.
Even Mazda dealer said there is a problem with it but they are a$$hole, and don't wan't to try to find the problem....<p>When you are driving in the city with this car you have to shift every speed to 4k rpm, because the car have a lot of hesitation on low rpm...<p>Thx again for your help, but you did not help us to solve the problem, I hope there could be someone here that will try to help us, because this problem is very annoying!<p>[ June 20, 2003: Message edited by: Morphector ]</p>
jwillistyl55

Post by jwillistyl55 »

well first of all a/c takes power from any car...but you do have a serious prob um is there anything you replaced lately yourself or someone else (you cant trust anyone) is there anything else extreme vibrations, knocking noises, car soundin louder than normal etc>?? get back to me maybe i can help ya out i dunno but maybe<p>cody
still stock but workin on it
Morphector

Post by Morphector »

When you are turning on A/C it's doing this a lot more, even if you turn it off it is doing it, a little bit less but it is doing....<p>the engine aint doing any special noise, and no job on the car were did by idiot (at least I think)
jwillistyl55

Post by jwillistyl55 »

ok first i would think it would be the tranny but if its not makin any noise when it gets down to the 500-1k range its not cuz something like that happened to me wit my gs but thats not all you see it could be anything (and im not tryin to scare you) but if there is even the tinest leak somewhere you got major probs....another thing have you cleaned the air filter i know it sounds dumb but "crap in crap out" if you know what i mean it prob isnt that but you might as well check while your there right also oil changes oil filter.....is the car 5 spd how does the clutch feel (where does it catch and let out) cuz if the clutch aint workin right your not gonna have the timin right which may cause that lil hesitation before the start just let me know cuz now im really wonderin ok<p>
cody
Morphector

Post by Morphector »

I don't think that it is the tranny, it ain't making any weird noise, and it shift smoother and better than the transmission in my 323(It's very funny how those 2 car feel the same way when you drive them, heh it's a mazda thing :D )<p>The clutch isn't slipping when the car is doing this problem, the clutch is not new, but it feel like there is a lot more life left on it than on my 323(I cannot chip tire in second on my 323, it slip)<p>Air filter is good, he installed a p-flow and wether the p-flow or the stock airbox is there the problem is still there.<p>It's maybe a bad sensor, tomorrow we will try my MAF on his car if they have the same plug...
jwillistyl55

Post by jwillistyl55 »

hmmm thats all i can think of at the moment if i think of anything else ill let you know but like i said keep me posted i would really like to help an your prob has my full attention im in an mx3 car club ill ask around tomo and let u know if i hear any thing<p>
Cody
jwillistyl55

Post by jwillistyl55 »

ok im also a member of "mazdamx-3 owners" on yahoo groups they know alot i posted your situation on there i should hear something by tomo ill post their replies for ya dont worry if they dont know whats wrond nobody will they are smart people ok good luck to ya<p>
cody

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”