HELP!!!! Sudden un explainable....

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Timmyd865

HELP!!!! Sudden un explainable....

Post by Timmyd865 »

Hey there. So I've noticed for the past year or so, sometimes when I accelerate, I hear a slight squeek and the exact moment it squeeks there is a hesitation. Almost like I pushed the clutch in for a MOMENT. But.. i found out the other day, when I was SLOWLY accelerating in Second gear and turning on my AC that it was my AC!!! Cause, when I was going like 10 mph in second and giving it just enough gas to accelerate, i would hit the AC and i hear SQUEEK, and then it'd stay slower until I turned it off (half a second later) then It'd be back to normal power. This leads me to believe that somthing along the AC system is falsly engaging. Like maybe the AC clutch is worn? Or the relay switch is occationally flipping on and off quickly, or even the fans doing sumthin wierd. But most of the time this would only happen when it's warm or wet out (but not snow) .. kinda wierd. When it happens i do have my AC off. I MIGHT of had my defogger on though.. what do you think? Anyone ever had anything like this? oh, I have a 95 DOHC. Peace out.
16" Sport Edition Fox 2's, Yokohama H4's, Eclipse CD player, Eclipse components, MTX amp, Lightning Audio woofers in a custom fiber glass enclosure, custom intake, factory spoiler installed, reverse indiglo gauges, custom switch panel<p> :) www.geocities.com/timsmx3
92RedMX3

Re: HELP!!!! Sudden un explainable....

Post by 92RedMX3 »

do you ever have defrost on? On some cars(maybe not the mx-3) it engages the ac no matter what. I would suspect a relay personally but as you were explaining what was happening i thought it was the AC and was right. How often does this happen?
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

I was thinking that same thing about the AC turning on w/the defrost. And I think that MIGHT be it... Does anyone know if the AC turns on w/the defrost? That'd explain alot... Does it turn on splratically? Hmmm.... thanx :)
16" Sport Edition Fox 2's, Yokohama H4's, Eclipse CD player, Eclipse components, MTX amp, Lightning Audio woofers in a custom fiber glass enclosure, custom intake, factory spoiler installed, reverse indiglo gauges, custom switch panel<p> :) www.geocities.com/timsmx3
CuTgUnZ

Post by CuTgUnZ »

i dunno but my car does that too....its an mx-3...n when its hot or wet outside..then itll make that squeek noise for a while..then after driving it for a few mins then it stops..i dunno whats wrong wit it..i would love to get it fixed though
Knuckle crack da bone, 21 to win
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

That's a timing belt loose or worn out. This is sumthing that happens when the car is warmed up and completely random it seems like. And it's only for mili second, and it's only a quick mouse like squeek, and with the squeek is a hesitation... Still can't figure it out though :(
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Timmyd865:
That's a timing belt loose or worn out. This is sumthing that happens when the car is warmed up and completely random it seems like. And it's only for mili second, and it's only a quick mouse like squeek, and with the squeek is a hesitation... Still can't figure it out though :( <hr></blockquote><p>If a timing belt slips, your engine doesn't run. I'd love to see a ribbed belt slip on ribbed gears.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
mattkm

Post by mattkm »

Does it ever happen when you turn your lights on? Or when you turn your heat on with out a/c?
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by David Coleman:
<p>If a timing belt slips, your engine doesn't run. I'd love to see a ribbed belt slip on ribbed gears.<hr></blockquote><p>SO TRUE...SO TRUE...<p>if it was a belt it would be your accessories belt. it probably is the A/C turning on when you have the defroster on. just a hunch but maybe that's why the light is red on the defroster button instead of green.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

I don't think it's happpened when the lights are on.. and normally i don't think i have the AC running.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”