Corksport (Mazdaspeed style) front end

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdasport

Corksport (Mazdaspeed style) front end

Post by mazdasport »

I am having trouble removing this from my car. I removed the 2 screws behind the turn signals, and the 2 in the wheel well, but I cant get the 3 on the underside of the front off. I dont know if those are the only things holding it on, but I cant find anymore. <p>Also, I havent ever removed my calipers, and I want to paint them. If someone could give me some quick inst. to doing this I would appreciate it.<p>Thanks
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Re: Corksport (Mazdaspeed style) front end

Post by monty73741 »

u dont need to aremove the calipers........
just tape it well.....
check the online manuel..for bumper emoval
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
tiburon

Re: Corksport (Mazdaspeed style) front end

Post by tiburon »

There are 6 14mm nuts on the back side if the bumper that need to be removed, 4 of which are easy to remove but 2 of thease are a b*tch if you have a/c. They are on 2 brackets with 3 nuts on each, 2 on one side and 1 on the other(this one is the pain). there are 2 10mm bolts on each side of your hood latch about 10 inches from center(you shouldn't have missed thease :) ). and finaly the 2 screws and 2 bolts you removed from the wheel wells. Don't worry about the screws under the turn signals, thoes are for the bumper support and that can't be removed until the whole thing is off the car. There are 6 screws holding the bumper support to the nose when you get there.<p>Arnt you glad I did this 2 days ago :D

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”