CLUTCH SLIPPING...HELP ME!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
whinypunk

CLUTCH SLIPPING...HELP ME!!!

Post by whinypunk »

i can drive regular if i dont hit the gas a lot. but once i floor it, the rev shoots up fast. i dont want to pay a lot to fix this. what can i do?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: CLUTCH SLIPPING...HELP ME!!!

Post by Custommx3 »

take a cab :) <p>Sorry, but if your clutch is out, nothing else u can do but replace it.
Jarod

Post by Jarod »

The clutch is gone for sure and there is nothing you can do about it.<p>Your best bet is to get an ACT clutch if you're going to drive your car hard.<p>You're looking upwards around $900can to buy it and get a shop to put it in. Don't forget to get the flywheel resurfaced, otherwise you'll need another new clutch in no time.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Screw the ACT, get an OEM one dude. The clutch itself will cost about 120 bucks and the installation, i have no idea. Ive never had to have one installed, i do it myself all of the time. About the flywheel, its not a necessity to have it resurfaced, only if it is in bad shape. Ive never had any flywheel resurfaced and the clutches are still going strong.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site

Post by Guest »

i had my cluth and slave cylinder replaced and had my flywheel resurfaced for $525.00 US
jamario

Post by jamario »

Why would u have to replace themaster slave cylinder if your clutch is slipping.
IF LIFE DOESN'T OFFER A GAME WORTH PLAYING, THEN INVENT ONE.

Post by Guest »

who said mine was slipping
jamario

Post by jamario »

sorry 4 mistype
IF LIFE DOESN'T OFFER A GAME WORTH PLAYING, THEN INVENT ONE.
Jarod

Post by Jarod »

In reference to getting the flywheel resurfaced:<p>if there are nicks and scratches on the flywheel, they can cause premature wear on the clutch,<p>i had mine done and it comes back like a mirror, so spend the extra money and have it done.
cybinpro

Post by cybinpro »

ClutchMasters here in portland quoted, $350 for clutch, throw out bearings, researfaced flywheel, installed.<p>Get a couple of extimates since it can very alot.<p>-Cybin
Stop the rave.... I wanna get off!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”