Intake Pictures (finally)

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
azmtbkr81

Intake Pictures (finally)

Post by azmtbkr81 »

Okay, here are the pictures of the new Protege Intake, if you guys have any questions let me know. Keep in mind that I did a how-to on a previous post a few days ago so check out that first. Oh yeah, check out my Car Domain page why you are at it: John's Page
:cool: <p>Image<p>Image<p>Image<p>[ March 09, 2003: Message edited by: azmtbkr81 ]</p>
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
mazda20

Re: Intake Pictures (finally)

Post by mazda20 »

Nice Pics, there kinda futuristic ;) ;)
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
jspecmazdaman

Post by jspecmazdaman »

You're not getting much cold air with that setup you ran it right down next to the engine and the front of the car is keeping cool air from getting to the filter. It's sucking in nothing but heat from the engine. Kinda defeats the purpose of a cold air intake doesn't it?
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

its actually not a bad location considering heat rises
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

Exactly, plus the third picture is deceiving, the filter sits much lower than it looks in the pic. Also I lined the filter up so that it is getting hit by cold air coming in from a good sized crack between the radiator and the end of the opeining in the bumper cover.

Post by Guest »

My 4 banger doesnt look like that, guess that means I got the SOHC. :(
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

Yeah man, you have the sohc but I'm betting with a little creativity it wouldn't be to hard to adapt this intake to your engine, if you send me a pic of your engine I could try and help you out. What you should do is get the 2nd gen. rx-7 MAF and then the intake-should give you some pretty nice gains.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Hey azmtbker ur comin to tucson right then headed to rocky point?? well im havin a party on friday, are u going to be here then?
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

yeah man, me and a couple of my buddies are driving down from Flagstaff on Friday probably around 3 so we should get there around 7, I am staying at my buddy's brother's place on 1st and Grant for Friday and Saturday night and we are heading to Rosarito Sunday morning at like 4, I'd be down for a little party on Friday, I gotta get warmed up for the 4 day bender in Mexico!
93RedSkittle

Post by 93RedSkittle »

Hello, i have the 1.6L and i want to but a better air flow meter on it, which one did u use to hook up the pipes as u did or is that your stock one?<p>P.S. looks great!
Not much HP but tall gears and it will all work out!!
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

Thanks man, you have a different air flow meter because you have the SOHC engine. The second generation RX-7 air flow meter suposedly is a direct hook up for the SOHC, it would allow your engine to suck in more air espcially if combined with an intake.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i have heard you wont gain much by swaping to the RX-7 MAF
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

It won't make a huge difference unless you have forced induction but a gain is a gain even if its small. :shrug:
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

The MAF's from RX-7 & 626 have a slightly larger bore and were recommended for use with overbored engines. On a stock motor it wont do much, but it wont hurt either.<p>In the engine compartment, there is enough turbulence to keep the hot air from rising anywhere, the temperature stays pretty constant in front because of the head pipes. A true cool-air intake draws air from the front or fender. All the nifty after market tubes do is open up the air flow a bit. If ya wanna coool the engine bay a bit, install hood vents, the air flow over the hood at certain points is at a lower pressure & draws air out of the engine bay. Keeps it much cooler. (look at most WRX hoods)
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”