HELP!!!!please ...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Runninit

HELP!!!!please ...

Post by Runninit »

Hey evyerone alrite yesteday i my mechanic changed my timing belt and water pump because m coolent seemed to be leaking from the water pump. So after 4 hours of doing this in my 4cyl , he finally finshed with cuts all over his hands etc. BUt the worst part is today when i woke up to start my car and go take it for a spin , i popped the hood and noticed the coolent was GONE!
The night before when he had finshed installing the timing belt and water pump he had put every screw back on right and everthing drained my coolent and re-filled it all back up to normal so it was all good. but when i woke up and noticed it was gone i took a look on the ground underneath the car on the right hand side wheere the water pump is at the front and i saw 2 big coolent spots again on my driveway !!!! none of my hoses are broken or anything ! i havent had a chance to take it back to him yet but does anyone have any clue what it could be !? thanx
Mx-3 all the way baby! It aint a girls car thats all i have to say...
jaydog5678

Re: HELP!!!!please ...

Post by jaydog5678 »

Pressure test it. That will find the leak.
Runninit

Post by Runninit »

pessure test?can u give me some more info on that and thanx for the reply. :)

Post by Guest »

Check your radiator. Might have a crack in one of the wells. That happend with me last summer. I had a crack in the radiator and 2 blown hoses. If its disappearing that fast, I'm guessing its a hose or the radiator.<p>[ February 09, 2003: Message edited by: MX3_Racer120 ]<p>[ February 09, 2003: Message edited by: MX3_Racer120 ]</p>
Runninit

Post by Runninit »

well the hoses are all fine i checked them and the rad isnlt leaking becase , before i cahnged the water pump and timing belt it wasent leaking so why all of a sudden would it start the day after :) thanx for the help

Post by Guest »

From what I've heard, its hard to see if your radiator has a crack, mine did and I didnt see it at all. Yeah you might had a small fracture and its gotten bigger. I noticed one day when this happend to me that my coolant was all gone, so I filled it back up and later that evening it was all gone again. There is nothing that I know of that can cause all the coolant to empty out like that unless its a hose or the radiator.
DunnoNuttin

Post by DunnoNuttin »

Heh I had the same problem 2 weeks ago.. coolant gone and car overheated.. turned out the thermostat housing cracked that is where it was leaking. Had to order the part .. took 2 weeks to get it but that fixed the problem.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”