advanced timing with different ecu?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
marshmallow15

advanced timing with different ecu?

Post by marshmallow15 »

anyone know if i can use an ecu from a different car (working with b6e) that'll allow me to advance my timing on my sohc so i dont have to worry about the new ecu resetting it?
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: advanced timing with different ecu?

Post by cjthor »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by marshmallow15:
anyone know if i can use an ecu from a different car (working with b6e) that'll allow me to advance my timing on my sohc so i dont have to worry about the new ecu resetting it?<hr></blockquote><p>If you advance the disty the computer will not reset. You are setting the BASE timing. A couple degrees go a long way.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
whinypunk

Post by whinypunk »

what ecu you will change redline?
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

oh so the sohc ecu only resets the timing light advancements? ok ok...<p>so the distributor method the car must be running correct? ill try this out tomorrow and see if i can get good results without pinging.<p>anyone do this already to their b6e and know the advance/retard settings for good low AND highs? i know its been done on some fords.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”