umm whats grinding under my hood?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
airjordon_09

umm whats grinding under my hood?

Post by airjordon_09 »

k when i start my car up its usually fine, but when im driving around, and turn the system off and all the vents off, all i can hear is this grinding sound come from under my hood, as i go slower its still doing it, but when i go faster, its a really fast sound and it dont sound good, its fine sometimes but sometimes it pisses me off, <p> any help would be great, thanx<p>J
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
Methaen

Re: umm whats grinding under my hood?

Post by Methaen »

Sounds to me like your transmission is going. Same **** was happening to mine before I realized that I blew some teeth off my differential gears. You might want to get it checked out before it gets worse
Check out my ride on cardomain.com
http://members.cardomain.com/methaen
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

eww, not the trans, ****, i sure hope thats not what it is, dont really have that kind of money right now!, anyone else think it could be something diff? or is that what everyone think it is?
thanx
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

With that description, it could be a few things, but it's probably in the drive train. It doesn't really matter what people think it is or isn't, it only matters that you get it fixed. So either take it to a shop, or start trouble shooting.<p>Check for things rubbing, try to specifically locate the source of the sound while the car is on jackstands, etc.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”