Need help with A/C Trouble shooting.

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
mazdaspeed002

Need help with A/C Trouble shooting.

Post by mazdaspeed002 »

How's it going. On my mx-3 the ac is acting screwy. When the engine and AC is warmed up, i put a temp gauge on the service port and i get weird readings. First off the clutch cylces on and off as if it was empty. When the clutch engages with the temp gauge on the port, the temp goes up to normal, then the clutch quickly disengages and the level plumits to almost empty, then the clutch kicks in again. And this happens over and over again. The clutch engages and disengages about every 3 - 4 Seconds. Its not blowing cold either, just cycling like its empty. Any clue as to what it could be? I'm guessing its either the Compressor or the pressure switch. Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to pinpoint it myself isntead of paying a gross amount to have someone do it for me.<P>Thanks again<P>Tom
smokem2

Re: Need help with A/C Trouble shooting.

Post by smokem2 »

that is the same thing mine was doing and they said it was the evaporator core.got it fixed and walla back to where I started.
mazdaspeed002

Post by mazdaspeed002 »

Really? They "fixed it" and it still dosnt work?
smokem2

Post by smokem2 »

It worked for a month and going back monday.
mazdaspeed002

Post by mazdaspeed002 »

Lemme know what they tell you. Its way too hot out here to have no AC. I'm about to just start replacing parts... :mad:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”